Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Boosting My F - Some Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boosting My F - Some Questions

So I've spent the last couple of months reading up on turboing the accord. I have a few questions but first I'll make a list of what I'm going to be using:

Garret t3/t4 turbo
    JRC front mount
    2.5 or 3" inter cooler piping
    3" dp
    3" straight back w/ muffler
    Chipped p06 tuned by a member here
    H23 IM w/ blacktrax spacer, no IAB plate
    450cc Black tops
    HKS blow off valve
    250 Walbro fuel pump
    Coolant lines from the TB
    Oil lines (what kind)
    Bisi IM Gasket
    Poly mounts
    AEM fuel rail
    FPR (what kind)
    Boost Gauge - EGT - Oil Pressure Gauge
    Waste Gate
    DSM chambered manifold

I think that's everything so here are my questions:
    1. From what I've read most people get oil from the oil sensor but I was given a piece that goes in between the oil filter and block with outlets, will this be just as good?
    2. Where is the best place to get my oil line kit and fittings for the oil pan?
    3. Is there a significant difference between 2.5" and 3" inter cooler piping?
    4. Is it okay to do a straight through exhaust no cat with a turbo setup?
    5. My motor has 175k, the head gasket/water pump/timing belt where done at 110k. I've done all of the maintenance on the car, should I do anything for maintenance before i turbo it?
    6. For this setup do you think a DSM chambered turbo manifold is best? and does the chamber make a big difference?
    7. I'm using an external waste gate, I got one with the turbo but I'd rather get a brand new nice one, what's a good kind for this setup?
    8. What type of FPR should I get?
    9. I can't seem to find much information on wideband o2 sensors and whatever else I need to put in for tuning, can someone point me in the right direction for this information?
    10. Will I need to get slim radiator fans?
    11. Where do you guys get the silicone elbows and couplers for the piping?
    12. What's a good brand for gauges and what's the cleanest looking place to mount them?

I'm not by any means looking to do this cheap, I want quality parts so when making recommendations don't hesitate to post pricey products, I want it done right.

Thanks for any input! I'll post some pics of the parts I already have.

[*]Where is the best place to get my oil line kit and fittings for the oil pan?
    http://www.stealthmodeperformance.com/
    [*]Is there a significant difference between 2.5" and 3" inter cooler piping?
    Better response with 2.5"
    [*]Is it okay to do a straight through exhaust no cat with a turbo setup?
    Sure, I would use a cat though so it doesn't smell as bad
    [*]My motor has 175k, the head gasket/water pump/timing belt where done at 110k. I've done all of the maintenance on the car, should I do anything for maintenance before i turbo it?
    Definitely replace your timing belt and oil seals
    [*]I'm using an external waste gate, I got one with the turbo but I'd rather get a brand new nice one, what's a good kind for this setup?
    As long as it is not a no-name wastegate, it will work fine
    [*]What type of FPR should I get?
    Stock fuel pressure will work fine
    [*]I can't seem to find much information on wideband o2 sensors and whatever else I need to put in for tuning, can someone point me in the right direction for this information?
    There are many tuning options. I recommend looking into getting a chipped ECU. here is some info
    http://forum.pgmfi.org/
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=37271
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=56836

There is a lot more info on the subject online
    [*]Will I need to get slim radiator fans?
    I know that if you are keeping your AC it will be a very tight fit. You shouldn't need slim fans but it depends on what manifold/turbo you use.[*]Where do you guys get the silicone elbows and couplers for the piping?
    Ebay or NAPA radiator hose for big trucks
    [*]What's a good brand for gauges and what's the cleanest looking place to mount them?
    Autometer, A-pillar gauge pod.

Comment

Originally posted by mycord View Post
      so I've Spent The Last Couple Of Months Reading Up On Turboing The Accord. I Have A Few Questions But First I'll Make A List Of What I'm Going To Be Using:

Garret T3/t4 Turbo
      Jrc Front Mount
      2.5 Or 3" Inter Cooler Piping
      3" Dp
      3" Straight Back W/ Muffler
      Chipped P06 Tuned By A Member Here
      H23 Im W/ Blacktrax Spacer, No Iab Plate
      450cc Black Tops
      Hks Blow Off Valve
      250 Walbro Fuel Pump
      Coolant Lines From The Tb
      Oil Lines (what Kind)
      Bisi Im Gasket
      Poly Mounts
      Aem Fuel Rail
      Fpr (what Kind)
      Boost Gauge - Egt - Oil Pressure Gauge
      Waste Gate
      Dsm Chambered Manifold

I Think That's Everything So Here Are My Questions:
      1. from What I've Read Most People Get Oil From The Oil Sensor But I Was Given A Piece That Goes In Between The Oil Filter And Block With Outlets, Will This Be Just As Good?

-what U Have Is A Sandwhich Plate And Is Actually Better Imo Because It Allows For Easier Install/removal And The Addition Of A Oil Psi Gauge Easily.

2. where Is The Best Place To Get My Oil Line Kit And Fittings For The Oil Pan?

-tunertoyz.com (check Sp On That..look It Up On Google Lol..they Carry A Shit Ton Of Things Cheap)

3. is There A Significant Difference Between 2.5" And 3" Inter Cooler Piping?

Not Really..you Will Get Better Response From 2.5 But Id Rather Have Bigger Cfm Capabilities And Less Heat Soak From The Bends (heat Gets Trapped In Tight Radius Bends) So Bigger The Pipe Lesser The Heat.
      4. is It Okay To Do A Straight Through Exhaust No Cat With A Turbo Setup?

-this Will Help Your Turbo Spool Up As Fast As Possible..but Yeah Might Add An Odor..i Personally Don't Mind It Lol..to Each His Own..in Anycase U Can Locate A Hi-flo Cat By Various Companies...magnaflow..catco..etc.
      5. my Motor Has 175k, The Head Gasket/water Pump/timing Belt Where Done At 110k. I've Done All Of The Maintenance On The Car, Should I Do Anything For Maintenance Before I Turbo It?

Leakdown Test/compression Test..
        -replace Water Pump
        -timing Belt
        -balancer Shaft Seal
        -balancer Shaft
      6. for This Setup Do You Think A Dsm Chambered Turbo Manifold Is Best? And Does The Chamber Make A Big Difference?

-when Doing A Dsm Setup A Big Restriction Is The Manifold..but For Clearance Issues I Wouldn't Stray Far Away From Stock..so Imo Use A Dsm Gt Manifold(google It) They Run About 175.00 And Have External Wastegate Flange Built In..they Look Like Stock And Are Cast Iron..but Are Very Big In Terms Of Ports And Runner Size.
      7. i'm Using An External Waste Gate, I Got One With The Turbo But I'd Rather Get A Brand New Nice One, What's A Good Kind For This Setup?

-used Ones Work Just Fine..test It With An Air Compressor Or Tire Fill Up Station..if It Opens And Doesn't Bleed Your Golden
      8. what Type Of Fpr Should I Get?

-leave Stock
      9. i Can't Seem To Find Much Information On Wideband O2 Sensors And Whatever Else I Need To Put In For Tuning, Can Someone Point Me In The Right Direction For This Information?

For A Self Tuner Id Buy The Following( Just So Happens To Be What I Use)

Moates Ostrich
        Moates Burner(although Un-necc Because U Can Leave The Ostrich In For Life)

Sst Chips(2) Atleast

Moates.net
      10. will I Need To Get Slim Radiator Fans?

-i Wouldn't Go With Slimfans..rather Spend The Money On 92-95 Civic Halfsize Alum Dualcore Rad With Stock Fan

11. where Do You Guys Get The Silicone Elbows And Couplers For The Piping?

-like Stated..napa Or Truck Supply Store
      12. what's A Good Brand For Gauges And What's The Cleanest Looking Place To Mount Them?

A-pillar
      Autometer Nexus Series
      I'm Not By Any Means Looking To Do This Cheap, I Want Quality Parts So When Making Recommendations Don't Hesitate To Post Pricey Products, I Want It Done Right.

Thanks For Any Input! I'll Post Some Pics Of The Parts I Already Have.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

you dont really need the aem fuel rail. those are more for extreme setups. unless you want the look. because they look cool. its nice to see someone planning a proper build. everone lately has been talking abotu 14bs and t25s and thats just a bad idea

as for wideband innovate makes good stuff

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have plenty more questions but I'll research a bit more before I ask them.. any more input is appreciated!

Comment

I think that's everything so here are my questions:
            1. From what I've read most people get oil from the oil sensor but I was given a piece that goes in between the oil filter and block with outlets, will this be just as good?
              Definatly use this piece rather than going from the oil sensor. The oil sensor style works but can lead to cracked blocks due to added weight on the threads. i just recently converted to filter sandwich style and love it.
            2. Where is the best place to get my oil line kit and fittings for the oil pan?
              anywhere is good
            3. Is there a significant difference between 2.5" and 3" inter cooler piping?
              The smaller the tubing the faster the spool. I have small intercooler piping with a t3t4 and it works great. 3 inch is overkill for your turbo
            4. Is it okay to do a straight through exhaust no cat with a turbo setup?
              yes if your local emmissions allow it.

5. I'm using an external waste gate, I got one with the turbo but I'd rather get a brand new nice one, what's a good kind for this setup?
              Tial
            6. What type of FPR should I get?
              Use your stock one its good to around 500hp
            7. I can't seem to find much information on wideband o2 sensors and whatever else I need to put in for tuning, can someone point me in the right direction for this information?
              Prologger.com use it for wideband logging and boost control.

8. Where do you guys get the silicone elbows and couplers for the piping?
              ATPturbo.com

Definatly dont cheap out get good stuff.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
            X