Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Where to buy a used f22 motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy a used f22 motor?

yeah ima gonna need some ideas everytime i look on ebay they dont have shit. my friends tell me junk yard but idk what them motors been through nore how many miles they have. idk pretty soon ill have the money to get what even i need so.

Not sure how much shipping would be, but there's a place here in Houston, TX that sells lots of Honda motors, JDM & USDM.
    2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
    1993 Honda Accord SE - Sold
    1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold
    1997 Honda Civic EX - Sold
    1996 Saturn SL2 - Totalled
    1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - Sold
    1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D - Totalled

Comment

I know you dont want to hear junk yard again, but if you buy one off ebay you still dont really know what you're getting. If you go j/y where you pull the parts you can tell a good bit about how a motor was treated just by pulling the valve cover. If it's all gunked up and crusty, probably not serviced like it should have been. Look for signs like filthy rust oil filters, and dirty air filters. This still isn't going to tell you as much as compression and leakdown test will about what kind of shape the engine is really in, but you see it first hand. Te thing is somebody can sell you one on ebay semi cleaned up to make it look better, but still realistic and you get junk. Either way could be a sweet deal, or worst ever. The thing about a junky is you can put your hands on it before you take it home. Like a blonde.
      My inferiority complex isn't as good as yours.

Comment

Don't know what other resources are up there. But LKQ down here is another good place to try, don't know if you have it up there.
        Try to find some used parts places and see if they have any motors, or if they know anyone that does.
        2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
        1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold

Comment

i know down here in N.C we have a couple of places,, japan direct is where most people get there stuff from around me.

Comment

in miami they sell The F22 for 300 with new water pump seals and gaskets
            You Can Catch me Ridin In My CB Eyes On The Rearview Lookin For The Police

Comment

go 2 tigerjapanese.com my friends have ordered h22s and f22s from there
              F22B Swapped CB7

Comment

I think we got my F22A1 for around 200, block, head, & internals. But we kept all the a6 stuff and put it on the a1.
                2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
                1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold

Comment

one of u guys wanna tell me where your finding these 300 dollar engines? lol. i found one for 400, i want cheaper though.

Comment

Originally posted by hardwhite View Post
                    one of u guys wanna tell me where your finding these 300 dollar engines? lol. i found one for 400, i want cheaper though.
                    it depends on where your at. everybody i have talked to on the eastcoast is pretty much spending between $200-400 and thats with a new waterpump, timing belt, gaskets, and seals.

Comment

i'm in Seattle, is there a place where i can get it for 300$ ?

Comment

The less you pay, the more likely it's a garbage engine.

If you don't want a junkyard engine, find someone that's parting out your car. If you buy from a distributor, where do you think they get their engines? Junkyards.

Comment

If you are planning on keeping the car for a while, you can get an F22B from tigerjapanese for ~500 + shipping. The engines I've seen from them were all in great shape, that way you get a little bump in power plus know it will last for another 200K miles+

Comment

Check Ebay too

Comment

i been lookin on ebay every day and they never ahve them. lol. the online sites want lke 800ish. wil a f22b hold up as good with boost as the f22a, thats the main reason i want it

Comment

Working...
                              X