Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tranny Throws Code At 50mph?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranny Throws Code At 50mph?

When I get to (about) 50 miles per hour, my D4 light begins to blink. I have a 92 ex automatic transmission. I haven't yet checked the code. Anybody experience this? Thanks

Edit: Also, how can I even check the code if it only blinks after driving for a bit?
    Last edited by BBuncky2; 11-18-2008, 01:46 PM.

once the code is thrown it should also be stored, just go through the procedure to check your codes and watch it. I've had randomly occuring CELs and tranny lights that've all shown up when i checked for codes.
    OHIO CB7'S #11
    SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Originally posted by jacobuchanan140 View Post
      once the code is thrown it should also be stored, just go through the procedure to check your codes and watch it. I've had randomly occuring CELs and tranny lights that've all shown up when i checked for codes.
      I just checked it at lunch time. No code came up for my transmission. Only my CEL blinked (unrelated problem with exhaust-- code 41...knew about it already).

I'm wondering if I can just put the bridge wire in while the vehicle is on.

These kinds of problems suck, because its so tough to figure out what's wrong.

At any rate, this is the kind of situation where I really am going to rely on the help from this forum. I have NO idea where to start. It's time to search some more!
      Last edited by BBuncky2; 11-18-2008, 02:18 PM.

Comment

if you can recieve the code i do have the code refrences so hit me up if you need them

Comment

Originally posted by DRQPQUT View Post
          if you can recieve the code i do have the code refrences so hit me up if you need them
          I actually was able to find the codes on this site. The trouble is actually getting the code to look up in the table.

Comment

That sounds like that would be a lock-up problem.
            wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
              That sounds like that would be a lock-up problem.
              I thought the same thing, considering my car does this weird (or rather what I thought was weird but maybe it's normal) thing at (around) 50mph where if I force it to downshift (throttle up a bit), it will do so only momentarily. I can repeatedly try to toggle a downshift, and it will downshift and come right back again rather quickly.

Lock-up problems are caused by the two solenoids, right?

Also, if it WERE a lock-up problem, can it damage my transmission if not taken care of right away? As far as I've seen, there's no damage so far. Everything feels just fine.

Comment

Well, I tried to get the code again when I got home from work. The D4 light was blinking when I turned the car off after parking. I immediately went around to the passenger side, put the paper clip in, started it up. The CEL started blinking the usual code 41, but the D4 light never blinked. The code is being cleared whenever I turn off the car! It only comes back when I've been driving for about a minute.

I had another idea that I'd just keep the jumper paperclip in the connector and drive around for a bit. This time, though, the D4 light never blinked! I think it's because the ECU was in a different mode and is programmed not to accept or report on new error codes while in this mode. Just an educated guess.

Does anyone know what may be going on?
                Last edited by BBuncky2; 11-19-2008, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Found my problem! (if anyone even still looks at this thread...)

Ok so this question is regarding the harness that contains connectors for the Lock Up and Shift Solenoids for my Automatic Transmission.

There is a pair of wires ending in a circular-shaped gray connector that emanates from the rear of the transmission housing far to the passenger side. I believe that this is supposed to connect to the aforementioned harness. However, on the harness side of this connection, the connector has fallen off, and the connector on the transmission side is just dangling and can be seen easily from under the vehicle.

I found this out when I took a flashlight and peered in-between the fusebox/intake tube down under the starter. Sure enough, resting under there on the tranny housing were two wires terminating in the original pins!

That just won't do! I tried doing a search for a replacement connector, but I'm not sure what to even search for. I looked at Majestic but had no luck.

What do you think I should search for? Do you think the pins will slide (and more importantly lock) into the new connector even if I find one? I'd go to a junkyard but this seems kind of difficult to access without help and getting under the car.

Comment

Does it look like the one I had holding in the pics? (had to reach down for these in the harness)

If not, could you maybe snap a pic of what it look like and post it?
                    3 CB's gone....
                    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX View Post
                      Does it look like the one I had holding in the pics? (had to reach down for these in the harness)

If not, could you maybe snap a pic of what it look like and post it?
                      Yeah, sure. I can do that. I'll update later after I pick up the car! (Can't view the pics right now because work blocks them)

Comment

Working...
                      X