Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ESP Bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESP Bracket

If you use this ESP mount on the F22A swap, you wont need to weld the tranny bracket to the car or shim the drivers side,, right

Originally posted by tootall View Post
    If you use this ESP mount on the F22A swap, you wont need to weld the tranny bracket to the car or shim the drivers side,, right
    correct for the auto to 5 speed conversion. although you will have to have an ex tranny so you can drill and tap it for the mount to bolt up properly
    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

No welding required....its an easy bolt up. Did you get the entire kit or the one mount?

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I dont know which tranny i have but i do have the bracket mount for the manual tranny and one stud is there now and where the other studs would be are already threaded to fit where the manual bracket goes..

havent ordered yet ,but probably just the one mount
        Last edited by evil_demon_01; 02-11-2009, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tootall View Post
          I dont know which tranny i have but i do have the bracket mount for the manual tranny and one stud is there now and where the other studs would be are already threaded to fit where the manual bracket goes..
          if you have the normal 5 speed bracket it will not work for a 5 speed swap. if you have the auto to 5 speed bracket you have to drill and tap 2 holes

far left mount is the normal 5 speed mount

far left is the auto to 5 speed mount
          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.

Comment

what if it is not an ex tranny, will it not work

Comment

WHen you order the mount specify your doing an auto to manual swap and so on. The sets they sell are different.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Why would they make a mount to fit just the ex models and why would the ex , lx make different mounting points on there trannys..

thanks for the help. appreciate it, getting all the knowledge i need befor the engine actually gets pulled, ready to pull any day..

what about plugging the holes for the coolant to the auto tranny
                Last edited by evil_demon_01; 02-11-2009, 03:18 AM.

Comment

you just put a plug on the radiator line.

and the bracket is made so that you can use an h22 or h23 tranny. it will only work on the ex f22 trannys, beacuse they have provisions to make the stud pattern the same as the h series tranny. just read in there members ride page or contact john. he is very helpful

Comment

Working...
                  X