Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

after market ECU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after market ECU?

my friends friend that drives a honda civic buble has a aftermarket computer in his car that revs well hes idoling it fluxuates between like 1-2000 it sounds ill and also has a good horse power gain. some one said that i could get that kind of computer for my car dose any one have a vid of there car doing it and what p ecu are we running

*i would ask him but hes locked up right now*

If his idle fluctuates that much, his ecu needs some adjusting.

Most guys go with a chipped ecu and run crome, uberdata, etc, as these will allow you to change many things.

I work for Haltech, and we make a plug in harness to use with our E8 Ecu, it is a full standalone. And hey, it could make your idle sound funny and fluctuate if thats what you really wanted, but if it did, it would mean someting was wrong.

What mods do you have to make you want an ecu upgrade?
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
      If his idle fluctuates that much, his ecu needs some adjusting.

Most guys go with a chipped ecu and run crome, uberdata, etc, as these will allow you to change many things.

I work for Haltech, and we make a plug in harness to use with our E8 Ecu, it is a full standalone. And hey, it could make your idle sound funny and fluctuate if thats what you really wanted, but if it did, it would mean someting was wrong.

What mods do you have to make you want an ecu upgrade?
      but how much would your setup cost for someone that didnt work for Haltech?
      Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
      JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

An E8 with a patch harness retails for 1525, but we might be dropping the retail back down to 1300 something next month, I am not sure.

The iq3 dash however, and not sure if you are asking about that or not, but it retails for about 1500, so the combo will set you back about 2800-3000, but is IMO one of the best engine management and data acquisition solutions out there, expecially if you look at what a comparable Motec setup would run you.

And our upcoming platinum units that will replace the E8 and E11v2, holy crap, they are going to be amazing. From the little I have seen, I am in love. Tuning via VE ftw.
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

there are many different ecu's for your car. Do research. But that idling thing sounds like a leak in his intake manifold, not good. it might sound good but it isnt a good sign tell him to check it when he gets out of jail. Its never a good sign if your engine is idling too those extremes. Ecus can also give you a hp pickup but it isnt neccesary if you dont have much done to your ride. If you are talking exhaust and intake just get a honda ecu, you research and you select.

Comment

BTW was it tuned?
            www.PreludePower.com
            BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

thats how you get unwanted races when your idling at a red ight. lol. real embarassing, happened to me.

Comment

Working...
              X