Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Problem with sticking gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with sticking gas?

hello,
    Ive been working all the bugs out of my cb7 since ive been able to work on it lately. Its an automatic. Im having a problem where it is idling low 400-500 rpms. When i put it in gear the idle stays the same but if i press the gas it feels like it is sticking. It stays around 1500-1700 rpms. I need to make sure i keep my foot on the brake so it doesn't start moving quickly. As soon as it goes into neutral or park the idle goes back down. Then once it is put into gear it stays the same untill the gas is pressed. If I rev it in park or neutral it seems normal an d doesnt stick at all.
    Any ideas?

90 Accord LX Auto
    Engine-F22A1
    Mods- Intake, Full exhaust, Strut bar, lowering springs.

Future Plans- Paint

Check your throttle cable for any binding. It's a steel braided cable, and they do not like to take sharp bends...check around the gas pedal and through the firewall and make sure there are no sharp bends or kinks in the line. Clean your throttle body and the cable with throttle body or carb cleaner. Your TB could be gunked up. You may also have to adjust the cable if it's too loose or too tight. Lube the entire cable with WD40. Check your shifter linkage as well.
    VIP Status.

Comment

I was thinking the same about the cable. That's the most likely cause.

If the cable is bent, replace it.

Lube the pedal assembly if you think that might be sticking. Lube the throttle rotor if you think THAT might be sticking.

One way to check everything is to take the throttle cable off and move the components separately. If the pedal sticks with the cable not attached to the rotor, then your problem is somewhere in the pedal or cable. If it doesn't stick, try the rotor... push it by hand and see if it sticks.
      It may even be an issue with the throttle body itself.

Comment

by the sounds of it its definetly not the throttle cable, cause if it was, it would still stick even in park and neutral. seems like it would be more transmission related, but i couldnt even begin to tell you what, but definetly not the throttle cable. ive had a messed up throttle cable, it completely seized at one point, but right up till the point it seized it was really hard to press the gas, but it always released fully.

Comment

check your vaccuum hoses that go to the throttle body, i had the exact same problem before i burned a 2 valves. when the head got fixed we were trying to find out that problem too. this friend of my mechanic came by and found that two of the vaccuum lines on the throttle body were reversed. he put them all in the order they were supposed to be in and the car runs great now and no more "sticky" throttle.
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

ALright great! Thanks everyone for the replies! I'm going to make sure to check out the things mentioned. Ill post later on what I figured it out to be.

90 Accord LX Auto
            Engine-F22A1
            Mods- Intake, Full exhaust, Strut bar, lowering springs.

Future Plans- Paint

Comment

Working...
            X