Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22B -vs- H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22B -vs- H22

Ok so i have been looking at different engines lately and trying to figure out which would be a better buy when I get the money. The f22b was rated at 160 hp and is dohc and this shop wants like 600 dollars for it. The h22 was at like 200hp and they wanted 1800. With getting the f22b and having 1200 left over to sink into it could you not make decent enough hp to justify buying it over the prelude motor? I really don't know too much about the f22b and haven't really paid much attention to it until lately. I guess i'm just wondering the pros/cons to this engine. Most everybody seems to be going for the prelude motor if they do a swap. I mean i'd love to have a K series but that amount of money is totaly out of the question. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance everyone.

The f22b isn't a viable engine for a decent build. The f22b was built more for fuel economy than performance. You could build yourself a nice f22a for the kind of money you're talking about.

Comment

if you really wanna save money on the swap and drop in a more build-friendly engine, get an h23, which is very similar to the f22b dohc but with more aftermarket support
      OHIO CB7'S #11
      SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Yeah I have seen the f22a engines for a pretty decent price and some of the turbo builds on here on rediculous for hp. I like their numbers but I would kind of like to stay NA and maybe just use a small shot of nitrous that way it's only there when I want to use it instead of all of the time. I've read a little bit about spray and it seems to be fine on stock internals as long as you don't go over a 75 shot and 50 wasn't supposed to be anything to worry about as long as everything is installed correctly. I don't really race too much though. I'm more so looking for around 200-220 at the wheels. I don't want to build a monster, just something for me to have a decent amount of power that's still going to be reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by jacobuchanan140 View Post
          if you really wanna save money on the swap and drop in a more build-friendly engine, get an h23, which is very similar to the f22b dohc but with more aftermarket support
          Yeah I know where an h23 is for sale at like 45 mins from my house. I think the guy wants like 1000 for it with the tranny. That might just be for the motor though.

Comment

An F22B with 1200 sunk into it would be decent. However, the more you modify a motor, the more chance you have of it becoming unreliable. An H22 makes 200hp (roughly) stock.

The F22B is also a Prelude motor. It's basically what Japan got instead of the H23.

You can achieve 160hp with some good bolt-ons for the F22A

Comment

go with h22

Comment

SO one person is saying H22 and the other H23 lol. Is there that much difference in between the two or more aftermarket support for one more over the other. I thought those two engines were similar to the F series where everything was interchangeable... Also I was wondering if someone could post a link for the thread saying what all you need to do the
                H22/H23 swap. My computer keeps kicking me offline or I would search myself. Thanks again.

Comment

Check out the top "sticky" in the swap forum. Everything you need to know.
                  1992 Accord EX 4dr 5spd - SOLD after just over a decade of ownership
                  2000 Subaru Legacy GT wagon 5spd
                  AHM Platinum Parts Counterperson

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                    SO one person is saying H22 and the other H23 lol. Is there that much difference in between the two or more aftermarket support for one more over the other. I thought those two engines were similar to the F series where everything was interchangeable... Also I was wondering if someone could post a link for the thread saying what all you need to do the
                    H22/H23 swap. My computer keeps kicking me offline or I would search myself. Thanks again.
                    its all about what you want
                    if you want something to mess with and build up go for the h23, if you want out of the box power go with the h22.
                    OHIO CB7'S #11
                    SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                      The f22b was rated at 160 hp and is dohc and this shop wants like 600 dollars for it. The h22 was at like 200hp and they wanted 1800. With getting the f22b and having 1200 left over to sink into it could you not make decent enough hp to justify buying it over the prelude motor?
                      Why not spend the $2000 on building up the F22a?
                      If you're planning on going n/a, you'll have a reliable, high hp engine for $2000.

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Go H22 FTW!

Got this H22 with LSD Tranny, ECU, TCU, all sensors, and wiring harness for $2095! Check out HMotorsonline.com. For you though, tack on the shipping fee. I picked this up at their spot with a trailer. They have the cleanest, most reliable engines I've seen. Pretty much all of the SOCAL CB7 cats got their swaps from there.
                        Last edited by R33cb7; 11-12-2008, 09:01 PM.

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by R33cb7 View Post
                          Pretty much all of the SOCAL CB7 cats got their swaps from there.
                          What?!
                          Who the hell gave cats drivers licenses?!
                          They must have some pretty damn smart felines out west.

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                            What?!
                            Dats funny!!!
                            I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                            Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            My coupe!!!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                            Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                              What?!
                              .............Anyway, Brandon, check them out. You won't regret it!

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X