Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cams delta272 vs bisi stg2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cams delta272 vs bisi stg2

i just picked up a delta 272 regrind and a h23 IM and i have a a6 iab spacer gutted i was just trying to figure out real world gains? i read a thread somewhere about hondafan81 and how he wish he had a bisi cam in his red project.im just trying to see the difference in the too. and is it night and day or what. i want a lil something extra but not trying to loose alot of bottom end or daily driveability.also just want something to be able to sneek up on a lude on the weekend and him be like wtf.

the bisi stage 2 cam should be used with a valvetrain upgrade so unless you want to pull your head i wouldnt go that route. the bisi stage 1 cam is ok. the delta cam is half the price though. for a mild cam and no valvetrain upgrade id go delta

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
      for a mild cam and no valvetrain upgrade id go delta
      thanks thats one thing i was woundering.

Comment

Delta 272 regrind powerband for me on red Accord project was 4000-7000 RPM. I did feel that there was lower end loss, if not same as the original stock F22a1. I feel strongly that I did not gain anything on the lower end, but in the powerband mentioned above.

For this reason I would have preferred a Bisimoto level 2 F22 camshaft. It is designed specifically for the F22, not a generic grind. You will get a more useable powerband for the F22 and retain a flatter torque band. Look into jdm_accorn's mild NA F22 build.

The reason I went with Delta was because at the time I did not know about Bisimoto. Yes, I started the project way back in late 2004-early 2005.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Def. go w/Bisi

It would be interesting to see how they compare back to back though.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas View Post
            the bisi stage 2 cam should be used with a valvetrain upgrade so unless you want to pull your head i wouldnt go that route. the bisi stage 1 cam is ok. the delta cam is half the price though. for a mild cam and no valvetrain upgrade id go delta
            I would still go with the bisi stage 2 regrind.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
            Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
            My member's ride

Comment

Assuming stock valvetrain is in good working order....Bisi level 1 does not need valvetrain upgrade and neither for the level 2. However, on level 2, I would not take it past 7000 RPMs if on stock. If your motor is built to go further, then upgrade.

I ran my red Accord mild F22 build with Delta 272 cam with 7K RPM hits regularly on healthy stock F22 valvetrain for 63K miles. No problems during this period or currently, valvetrain is still fine. The more frequently you rev, just adjust your valve lash at 12K miles, instead of stock 15K interval. If you occassionally get on it to 7K, then 15K is fine.
              Last edited by HondaFan81; 11-11-2008, 11:53 AM.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                Assuming stock valvetrain is in good working order....Bisi level 1 does not need valvetrain upgrade and neither for the level 2. However, on level 2, I would not take it past 7000 RPMs if on stock. If your motor is built to go further, then upgrade.

I ran my red Accord mild F22 build with Delta 272 cam with 7K RPM hits regularly on healthy stock F22 valvetrain for 63K miles. No problems during this period or currently, valvetrain is still fine. The more frequently you rev, just adjust your valve lash at 12K miles, instead of stock 15K interval. If you occassionally get on it to 7K, then 15K is fine.

thanks for the info, i bought a delta the other day for a reasonable price thats why i was interested i the 2 because i just found out about bisi in reading some of the threads recently. ive herd of delta and a friend of mine had one in his so thats why i got one but now im thinking different about what i bought im not trying to put it in and not like the outcome. as for valvetrain the motor has about 67/68k on it.(my stock f22 let go at 316xxx ish) i bought the new motor with only 43k from a local jdm importer the motor is a f20a and all mantiance has been done by me or my homeboy that works at honda. someone im not shure who said it but useable power, thats what im looking for cause i dont ride a round all day at 4500 to 7+k. oh and im still an auto so unless im holding gears the most i see is 6500 under WOT.
                Last edited by liljohn92lx; 11-11-2008, 09:46 PM.

Comment

f it im just going to drop it in anyway just to see. hell it cant hurt.

Comment

Working...
                  X