Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

vtec head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vtec head

i have a 91 accord lx...this engine is a f22a1 and i was wondering if i could but a vtec head in it with out swapping the entire engine??? is it possible??

Depends what head you were planning on swapping in.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

any vtec head i guess....

Comment

Yes it is possible. you should not exceed the year 98 and you should stay single cam, its easier. You must use the same intake, heads, cam gear and distributor that comes with the vtec head. Also, you must swap ECUs too! And some extra wiring is required!
        But its not bad, especially if you get all this at a local junkyard... You can do it have fun!

Last edited by marshallbuz; 11-08-2008, 08:27 PM.

Comment

its possible .. u should look at the other member threads because many of them have tried this ... not very familair with putting a vtec head on f22 so thats wat i recommend.

Comment

it seems so difficult already...

Comment

From looking at your other posts you aren't ready for this yet. Get a Haynes manual and a couple of books on the basics of automotive mechanics. Read them and get some general knowledge before you try to do something like this.

Comment

A full engine swap is much easier and much more reliable than a head swap.

The F22B1 head (SOHC VTEC Accord engine) is garbage, and is actually a downgrade from your F22A head.
                The H22A head won't give you anywhere near H22 performance on an F22A block. The compression is notably lower in the F22A, and the internals aren't made to rev as high as the H22A does. You MIGHT gain 15 usable horsepower from an H22A head swap. For the cost of it, you could have your F22A head ported and polished, and make much more power.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                  A full engine swap is much easier and much more reliable than a head swap.

The F22B1 head (SOHC VTEC Accord engine) is garbage, and is actually a downgrade from your F22A head.
                  The H22A head won't give you anywhere near H22 performance on an F22A block. The compression is notably lower in the F22A, and the internals aren't made to rev as high as the H22A does. You MIGHT gain 15 usable horsepower from an H22A head swap. For the cost of it, you could have your F22A head ported and polished, and make much more power.
                  wow! thats an awakening... learning everyday!

Comment

People hear VTEC and assume it's an upgrade. People learn that VTEC is all in the head, and they want to swap. People don't bother learning about the motor that's already in their car... and they end up making a big mistake!

Before you think about upgrading anything... look at the work of Bisimoto. And, to a lesser extent (and a more streetable extent), look to HondaFan81. The F22A has a TON of potential.

The H22A does as well, of course... look at 2point6.

Headswaps... leave that to the B series guys.

Comment

Yeah before I found this site I never realized the full potential of the F22 engine. I'd just start with bolt ons.

Comment

Working...
                      X