Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

purging air from coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

purging air from coolant

Added coolant till full in radiator, then added about 1/2 full to spill over tank since it was bone dry.

How to purge the air? I looked everywhere, guess its not just jumping out at me where to purge it.
    90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
    DIY ram intake
    0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
    stock alt rewound to 120amps
    optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
    fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
    2004 Jeep Liberty v6
    2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Just run it on full heat with the rad cap off and add coolant when needed.
    wat?

Comment

theres a bleeder valve on the tstat housing, just start your car with the heater on full blast. leave your radiator cap off so you can add coolant when you need to. open that bleeder valve open until the coolant streams out of the valve instead of bubbling out.

Comment

There is a bleeder bolt on the t-stat housing (12mm), that's your best bet to bleed the air out while you are filling the system.

EDIT:^nevermind!

Comment

I know WHAT TO DO.

I'm asking WHERE this damn purge thing is. Anyone got a PICTURE?

I looked at my car out there in the dark with a flash light and I'm just not SEEING the thing I need to unscrew
          DIY ram intake
          0gauge/4gauge BIG 3

Other rides:
          2004 Jeep Liberty v6

Comment

I'm sure there's pics on here, but find the intake manifold, then find the end of the lower rad. hose @ the IM, will be right there, will resemble a traditional bleeder, 12mm head facing up.

Comment

Somebody please take a pic?

I for the life of me cannot find this damn purge valve.
              DIY ram intake
              0gauge/4gauge BIG 3

Other rides:
              2004 Jeep Liberty v6

Comment

wats up names eddie i got a 1992 honda accord ex i put a new radiator 3 thermostats new hoses and my car keeps over heating but its not the head because i would have fluid or water in my oil or smokin out the exhuast im thinkin it could of been the water pump but its not leaking or smoking so i even tried letting it run with the rad cap off but nothin same problem please help every shop i take it too doesn't know i do all the work on my car i love it

Comment

Originally posted by 90Haccord View Post
                  Somebody please take a pic?

I for the life of me cannot find this damn purge valve.
                  hey bro i have some pics ill try and get them on here if i can.

Comment

Originally posted by liljohn92lx View Post
                    hey bro i have some pics ill try and get them on here if i can.

thanks a million

total noob shit from me on the coolant business, but eh I'm trying to learn. I'm looking forward to the pictures, I'm just not seeing what everyone is describing. Must not know exactly what I'm looking for.
                    DIY ram intake
                    0gauge/4gauge BIG 3

Other rides:
                    2004 Jeep Liberty v6

Comment

hope this helps

Comment

holy shit these pics are huge my bad. this is on my other 92lx if you take the intake pipe off you will see it a little easer from the pass side of the car. i think it a 12mm also. as you can see i just did mine the other day i still need to clean it...lol

Comment

There is another bleeder valve on the thermostat too I believe. I think your best bet is just running the engine until it is warm and cycling out the air with the radiator cap off. I cant imagine there being all that much air in the system that would effect your cooling that much.
                          AD5OS
                          FOLDING@home

Comment

So there is another one too?

And holy shit, I'd have NEVEr found that one you posted a picture of. Thats not very obvious, thanks a million brother!

Am I supposed to fill up that TANK to the left of the radiator too? I couldn't get much in through the radiator(where I removed cap), but the TANK to the left of the radiator was BONE DRY. I filled it up about 1/2 way, should I fill it up more?

I havent had any problems with my car surprisingly though lol
                            DIY ram intake
                            0gauge/4gauge BIG 3

Other rides:
                            2004 Jeep Liberty v6

Comment

Originally posted by 90Haccord View Post
                              but the TANK to the left of the radiator was BONE DRY. I filled it up about 1/2 way, should I fill it up more?

I havent had any problems with my car surprisingly though lol
                              you should be fine with that mine is about 1/2 way also. you would know if something was up mine surged from 1000k to 2200k untill i got the air out. but i think your good it sounds like it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X