Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car restarted wtf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car restarted wtf?

this happen the other day... at 6pm it was pretty cold outside about 50 degrees.. i tried to open my car with my alarm remote however it did no work. when i finally reach to my car i saw that the clifford red light was no blinking at all. i check the car and it didnt seem like anyone tried to break into it. so i open my car up manually with a key to see if it was my battery (i just replace it 1.5 yrs ago) the headlights work and had no problem turning on my car..and when my car was on i was able to turn on n off my alarm again and the clifford red light was blinking again. HOWEVER my digital clock and my deck was reset!!! what could be the problem. the newest thing i did to my car was adding two sub and an amp and changing out the stock speakers and this was like in july. but ive been turning up my music louder since i finally broken in my subs from vol. 15 to vol. 25

your title is misleading.

get a new battery to handle your new system.
    Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
    -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Originally posted by cali-racer View Post
      your title is misleading.

get a new battery to handle your new system.
      Lol yea. Very misleading. I expected u to say "I haven't been able to drive my car for about 5 years because it wouldn't start. Today I was bored so I tried to turn it on AND IT DID!"

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

might need 2 batteries to handle all your workin wit

Comment

Originally posted by confused_accord View Post
          might need 2 batteries to handle all your workin wit
          eeh. i think that would just make the alternator work harder trying to charge two batteries. batteries have sort of a muscle memory. it's just the opposite. the harder you make it work the less it will perform.

i would say new battery. and if your system is something crazy, you may need a high output alternator. but it's unlikely.

Comment

This thread makes baby Jesus cry.
            wat?

Comment

Sounds like a intermittent bad connection, I'd particularly suspect the battery terminals. There's also a sticky (in the beginner forum I believe) that has a section for basic troubleshooting and lists all the connections that can be checked.
              And 50F isn't cold
              Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Do your amps turn on only when your headunit is on? I would jut make sure that the audio is off before you start the car. Also you might be drawing too many amps for the alternator to run your stereo and recharge the battery.. especially if you are only driving for short distances.
                AD5OS
                FOLDING@home

Comment

Working...
                X