Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Front end vibration help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front end vibration help!!!

Ok, car has been running fine after the swap couple months back. New problem now is the vibration while at high speeds. Between the speeds 65-90 mph, i get crazy vibrations like the steering wheel wants to fall off. if i keep it steady at 65 mph, i can feel the vibration from my right hand to my left hand with both hands on the wheel. Anybody got any idea what can be causing this. I have new axles. 2 sets of wheels and vibrates on both sets. Replaced ES bushings. Balljoints not yet done. I hate not being able to run my car at highway speeds. Any suggestions guys?

I got the same problem lol.

but have you checked the balance of the front wheels? or had them checked to see if they are bent?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Definetly sounds like an unbalanced or improperly balanced tires.I've had the same problem a few months ago because the weights they put on to balance the tires came off some how.its not that common but you never know.

Comment

I had a very similar problem recently with my civic. The steering wheel would vibrate side to side quite a bit. got my wheels balanced and guess what? no more vibs.

Now, it could be a few other things in your case...
        Front rotors
        axles
        wheel bearings
        could also be some loose front suspension bits. best thing to do to check for front suspension play is jack the front of your car, and in a 12:00 and 6:00 position move the wheel back and forth (with lugs fully tightend). If you have play while doing this inspect your ball joints and find out which one ha play.
        next put your hands in the 9:00 and 3:00 position and rock back and forth. there might be a bit of movement here from the steering wheel, that's normal. but other play in this area is not. If you have play here inspect the tierods.
        ~~~~~~~

Comment

i work for a large franchied shop that does free inspections for brakes and other small stuff. get a shop to put it up and do an inspection a good look is worth the safety and piece of mind. if you got someone to shake a wheel so you can look for play, don't be afraid of a large screwdriver to pry a little to check play

good luck
          96 Accord SiR driveline installed. CF2 donar

Comment

i have a set of 18 inch Racing harts just got new tires mounted and balance. i even put my stock set on last last week to see if it was the wheels. Still was shakin. Checked for play of balljoints last week. No play.Everything seems to be tight with suspensions and bushings. Ties rod needs replacing. I justhave the boot cover on it. I try to do everything myself but i might have to get this inspected and looked at. Does not feel nice to me going on the highway.

Comment

have you tried getting an alaignment?
              91 ex sedan
              And now, new for 2012, a 93 ex wagon!

Paypal verified
              Bought from: frootloops, 90accords, Agol
              sold to: Agol

Comment

u said u had an aligment make sure and either watch or ask them if there were any problems.......if i hadn't been paying attention when my alignment was done they wouldn't of told me that they couldn't do the back do to rusting and bad bolts...........good luck

Comment

No, i have not gotten an alignment yet. I was gonna wait and replace my control arm balljoints first. Think an alignment will fix the vibrations? My car is not pulling to either side. i wonder if firestone still have the lifetime alignment my friend was telling me about. As much as i tear this car down, that would be great.

Comment

try gettin a wheel alingment its only like 60 beanz

Comment

where i live discount tire offers a lifetime one for like $60. i think that might help ya. just cuz its not pulling doesnt mean its aligned. im pretty sure bad alignment can cause vibration as well.
                      91 ex sedan
                      And now, new for 2012, a 93 ex wagon!

Paypal verified
                      Bought from: frootloops, 90accords, Agol
                      sold to: Agol

Comment

Originally posted by sdhardcoregamer View Post
                        where i live discount tire offers a lifetime one for like $60. i think that might help ya. just cuz its not pulling doesnt mean its aligned. im pretty sure bad alignment can cause vibration as well.
                        60 bucks? That's hella cheap. Firestone had it at $120. Gonna check discoount tire out.

Comment

Working...
                        X