Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

supercharger???..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supercharger???..

hey..well last night i ws searching the net and i found some superchargers..since they didnt have any thats made for accords i was wondering if it is possible to fit a supercharger thats made for 97 preludes in to my 91 accord...

Originally posted by kenjin View Post
    hey..well last night i ws searching the net and i found some superchargers..since they didnt have any thats made for accords i was wondering if it is possible to fit a supercharger thats made for 97 preludes in to my 91 accord...

If I remember correctly, you'll run into issues with the firewall being in the way.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

someone did it with a jdm h23 vtec but im pretty sure he modded the firewall
      OHIO CB7'S #11
      SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

thread from hondatech done for $300
        http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1649973&page=1

here are the bay pics of the h23 SC bay.

later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

why not just put it in place of the Power steering pump and go without?

or make a bracket to put it out just a little further forward next to it. or even under where the A/C compressor is.

Comment

I'd advise looking into turbos. There is a lot more flexibility than you have with a supercharger. Supercharger = alot of traction problems that are hard to solve. Turbo = progressive electronic boost control. Something to consider.

Comment

wow this is deffinitely something interesting to look into I had a 97 gtp grand prix with that supercharger (eaton m90) that was rear end totalled a few weeks ago I think it may still be sitting in a junkyard in town

CHRIS (◣_◢)

Comment

Originally posted by andyman97 View Post
                I'd advise looking into turbos. There is a lot more flexibility than you have with a supercharger. Supercharger = alot of traction problems that are hard to solve. Turbo = progressive electronic boost control. Something to consider.
                well yes and no. traction problems are a possible issue, but thats because superchargers have an advantage over turbos. No Turbo lag. and that can be a big deal for specific builds.

And traction can be a problem, but i don't see how they could all be extremely hard to solve. hell, thats why you tune it.

and everyone says go turbo. go turbo when someone throw's up a supercharger idea. i have my own build i would like to get into. but i lack $$$ for anything.

Comment

Hmmm interesting...it actually looks like it fits (but its a tight fight though)..
                  accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                  ....................My New Baby
                  SOLD TO
                  ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

well if it doesnt fit..i thnking to cut the hood and mold a scoop over the supercharger??..is it a good idea??.

Comment

Originally posted by kenjin View Post
                      well if it doesnt fit..i thnking to cut the hood and mold a scoop over the supercharger??..is it a good idea??.

I don't think that would be a good Idea unless you want to be laughed at...

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post

I don't think that would be a good Idea unless you want to be laughed at...
                        why would he get laughed at? hasport did it with their k24/sc crx:

a scoop wouldnt be nessecary, but a bump or a hood-spacer diy might.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Traction problems can be overcome with throttle control, LSD, good tires, and a proper suspension setup (including traction bars). A supercharger setup isn't good for crazy horsepower anyway. It'd be best suited to a quick street car, autocross car, or road race car. To me, the main benefit of a supercharger is a reliable, repeatable power curve. The supercharger is crank-driven, so there's absolutely no way to overboost unless you change the pulley to do so!

The JRSC won't fit without modifying the brake master cylinder. Not terribly difficult, but still not a problem-free install.

And yes... it IS possible to mount a supercharger somewhere other than the intake manifold. It's also possible to intercool it. Centrifugal superchargers are just that... the Procharger would work wonders. That isn't the only option, though.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                            why would he get laughed at? hasport did it with their k24/sc crx:

a scoop wouldnt be nessecary, but a bump or a hood-spacer diy might.
                            A bump would be fine.

But a scoop that far back?

I think it would look quite funny.

Comment

All this talk about superchargers is getting me excited.
                              I wanna put one on my Maxima.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X