Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

HELP wit few problems plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP wit few problems plz

hey guys ok my cars has been leakin and i dont know from where it has been leakin.. can you guys help me out and tell me where it could be leakin from?? also the motor has a tickin sound to it its kinda a high pitched sound can you guys tell me where its also comin from thanks in advance

here are the picturez of the floor and the motor from where i see oil

the second picture is the most recent one of the last time i turned off the car in that spot the other were before

now here is the videos of the sound of tickin

the fans were on thats why it sound like its real deep but in the second video on the SECOND FROM LAST REV you could hear the tappin how it goes when the motor accelerates

please help me out here people thanks in advances

Jeez from the pictures it looks like it's leaking everywhere!
    Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
      Jeez from the pictures it looks like it's leaking everywhere!
      i kno and i dnt kno where it could be comin from and the last picture is from underneath the dizzy... what about the video what you think could be that sound from?? thanks

Comment

Check your oil level. (ticking sound could be your valves low oil will make the tick more noticeable)

Look around you oil pan, valve cover and cam seals, and oil filter (could have been cranked on too hard causing the seal to warp).

EDIT: check your rear main seal as well.
        Last edited by Father Time; 11-04-2008, 12:58 AM.
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX View Post
          Check your oil level. (ticking sound could be your valves lack of oil will make the tick more noticeable)

Look around you oil pan, valve cover and cam seals, and oil filter (could have been cranked on too hard causing the seal to warp).
          ok i kno where is the oil pan, valve cover and oil filter but i dnt kno where is the cam seals do you have pics of where it is?... thanks... so if i add the proper amount of oil the tickin should b able to go away?? i was thinkin it could be that since im losin oil but not sur from where thanks

Comment

If you add oil, just remember to wait about 10-15min after you shut the car off before you add any. I have seen people not wait and over filled it and blew up their motor. (friend's mom)
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by 91Accord-LX View Post
              If you add oil, just remember to wait about 10-15min after you shut the car off before you add any. I have seen people not wait and over filled it and blew up their motor. (friend's mom)
              wow thats crazy.. but added oil and i think that the tickin sound is due to not havin oil when i bought the car i checked the dipstick and it was almost dry! and the CEL would turn on on me after i drove the car for like 20-30 mins... eva since i put oil it hasnt turned on on me well maybe cuz i havent driven the car formore than 20 mins i guess ill try it 2mrw.. so ill see if i can somehow find out where the cam seals are located at

Comment

hey bro replace valve gasket all gaskets and clean your altenarator and starter with an electrical chemical found at NAPA/autozone and then your block and Intake manifold with other cleaning chemicals especial made for the part your cleaning.....then you can find out where its coming from or it just might be left and mounted up oil mush from years ago and the heat of the engine heats and melts the grease of the whole engine block....i may be wrong but thats what i did and found out it was my Valve cover Gasket.....

Originally posted by deevergote
                .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post
                  hey bro replace valve gasket all gaskets and clean your altenarator and starter with an electrical chemical found at NAPA/autozone and then your block and Intake manifold with other cleaning chemicals especial made for the part your cleaning.....then you can find out where its coming from or it just might be left and mounted up oil mush from years ago and the heat of the engine heats and melts the grease of the whole engine block....i may be wrong but thats what i did and found out it was my Valve cover Gasket.....
                  yea ima just replace all gasket once i find out where the leak is comin from i wouldnt want to fix one problem and then end up with another one... also i need to find a storage place where i can put my car in and work in it since i live in a house but where the garage was at we turned it into my room and we sealed the garage door so no garage 4 me now so i need a storage place

Comment

Originally posted by los170bx View Post
                    yea ima just replace all gasket once i find out where the leak is comin from i wouldnt want to fix one problem and then end up with another one... also i need to find a storage place where i can put my car in and work in it since i live in a house but where the garage was at we turned it into my room and we sealed the garage door so no garage 4 me now so i need a storage place
                    i would let your car crash at my place but i'm in CA sorry bro i would of really helped you out....but try to make your car 100%

Originally posted by deevergote
                    .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post
                      i would let your car crash at my place but i'm in CA sorry bro i would of really helped you out....but try to make your car 100%
                      dam thanks bro im really lookin forward to build this car... after i get the seals done next thing ima do is convert the car from auto to manual, and while im doin that im goin to build my car with the f22a1 im gonna go all motor and keep the same motor in it.. as i heard the f22s gots lots of potentials so ima just rebuild it... but im not thinkin of goin boost no no that can cause alot of problems to the motor and it cost more too... i wan all motor cause when you beat the other person and they see that they lost to a non vtec car with no turbo or nos either they will all be shocked and thats what im goin to accomplish

Comment

if you spray brake claner around your engine when its cold to remove old oil residue, then crank it up and wait for 1-2mins, you can see where its leaking.

Wipe your hand under your distributor. If its leaking oil then you'll probably need to change the o-ring inside. BUT there have been a number of cases where all the seals inside the distributor are going bad and causing the leak as well.

If you change the o-ring of the distributor and its still leaking, then you probably need to buy a new one from ebay: $112.00 roughly.

Comment

it would be a good idea to replace your valve cover gasket, dizzy o ring!

that was the main cause of my oil leak back a couple of weeks ago, i over saw the valve cover gasket! although it can still be a leaking bastard..

i would CLEAN the whole engine thruly as much as posible! drive and see where it's leaking from!

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Whenever i've seen a dizzy shaft, bearing, or inner seal wearout, the car usually wont run. As soon as oil hit the pickup. It's all over.

GOT F?

Comment

thanks guys im goin to check it out 2mrw im goin to clean it up wit engine degreaser that the last owner left in the trunk.. i got a question does any one knows how to do the wire tuck in the engine bay?? im tired of seein so much cables around it just makes my engine bay look so freakin dirty.. thanks in advance for whoever shows me how to do the wire tuck

Comment

Working...
                              X