Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help UK Accord owner needing a Header!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help UK Accord owner needing a Header!

Hi, I'm from the UK and I'm looking for an aftermarket exhaust manifold for my Accord.

It is a Honda Accord 1993 2.0i 4dr SE CB3 F20A8

These cars here are quite rare now and so parts are therefore rare too

Need some advice on which headers are good and not, plus the more irritating issue of which ones will fit a 2.0i appose to a 2.2i??

And what happens if you put a 2.2 header on a 2.0??

Thanks in advance for any responses

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

it should fit just fine. from a f22a 1-6
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
      Hi, I'm from the UK and I'm looking for an aftermarket exhaust manifold for my Accord.

It is a Honda Accord 1993 2.0i 4dr SE CB3 F20A8

These cars here are quite rare now and so parts are therefore rare too

Need some advice on which headers are good and not, plus the more irritating issue of which ones will fit a 2.0i appose to a 2.2i??

And what happens if you put a 2.2 header on a 2.0??

Thanks in advance for any responses

Is your oxygen sensor on the header or the downpipe?

Comment

i would say dc header because i noticed a good change on my a1 when i swaped the header.

would it fit the 2L engine of yours, hmmmm that is a good question.
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Just get a Ebay header and use different gaskets then the ones it comes with. It is the same thing as a brand name header like DC sports but cheaper. They also have a spot where you can put the O2 sensor on the header or the downpipe so you can use either one

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
          Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
          My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE View Post
            Is your oxygen sensor on the header or the downpipe?
            I have no sensor holes on my manifold I have a sensor slot on the up side of the down pipe before it goes into one single pipe

Also my engine is a F20A8 so not in the 1-6 category, however based on the pics on this forum it seems there isnt any differences apart from normal variations as there is from 1-6.

So, would a 2.2 header fit on a 2.0 anyone?

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

If its a f20 sohc motor it will fit mine fit fine with no probs and it came off my f22a1...... oh and its a dc sport 4-2-1 with the sensor in front of the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by liljohn92lx View Post
                If its a f20 sohc motor it will fit mine fit fine with no probs and it came off my f22a1...... oh and its a dc sport 4-2-1 with the sensor in front of the cat.

yeah its a f20 sohc, i was looking at the dc sport header, before i came across this situation. Ok so all it good with the fitting then?

The lack of capacity from 2.2 to 2.0 doesnt mean a need for a change in the header piping diameters then?

And thirdly, how do people rate the dc sport header?

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

For the money DC Sports IMO makes very good products. If you are set on the DC Header I would recommend the stainless steel model.
                  One Day At A Time
                  "Honda Connaisseur"
                  1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
                  1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
                  1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
                  1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
                  1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
                  1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
                  Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
                  Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

Originally posted by STL_92_Accord View Post
                    For the money DC Sports IMO makes very good products. If you are set on the DC Header I would recommend the stainless steel model.
                    me too.. i have the ceramic coated and its good but for just a little more you can have a real nice lookin header.

Comment

Ok so all it good with the fitting then?

The lack of capacity from 2.2 to 2.0 doesnt mean a need for a change in the header piping diameters then?

And thirdly, how do people rate the dc sport header?

fitting no prob everything is the same. (2) no. no cange in piping is needed unless you want to. i changed mine to 2.5inch after the collecter to the cat. gutted the cat (didnt feel like buying a new one at the time it was stopped up)and ws2 cat back. (3) well it depends me i like it. and on the dyno i gained power through 2000 to red line any where from 2hp to 12hp so for me i rate 10 from 1 to 10. oh i think there was a dyno test in import turner about a year ago where they tested every header out at the time and DC was #1 across the board. if im wrong somebody will correct me

Comment

Originally posted by liljohn92lx View Post
                        fitting no prob everything is the same. (2) no. no cange in piping is needed unless you want to. i changed mine to 2.5inch after the collecter to the cat. gutted the cat (didnt feel like buying a new one at the time it was stopped up)and ws2 cat back. (3) well it depends me i like it. and on the dyno i gained power through 2000 to red line any where from 2hp to 12hp so for me i rate 10 from 1 to 10. oh i think there was a dyno test in import turner about a year ago where they tested every header out at the time and DC was #1 across the board. if im wrong somebody will correct me
                        cool thats for that,

any websites that you would recommend getting the DC sports header from?

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

cool thats for that,

any websites that you would recommend getting the DC sports header from?

http://www.modacar.com or
                          http://www.nopi.com

Comment

Working...
                          X