Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

question on going turbo..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Deev, leaving you here all by yourself

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
    That has absolutely nothing to do with radiator efficiency. Welcome to my radar.
    Correct, but an untuned engine will run higher temperatures which can lead to over heating issues.

To the OP - Running a large IC isn't an issue, I run a large one with a half size Civic radiator, and never have any over heating issues.
    The front of the CB actually has very good engine ventilation, but can also be improved by spacing the rear of the bonnet up

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Spacing the rear of the hood (bonnet) isn't actually all that great of an idea. It creates more turbulence than the original design, and may actually counteract any cooling airflow effects. Rather than having the car suck air thorough the engine bay and out the bottom, it'll have a bit of a vacuum pulling air back into the bay, trying to get it out that widened vent area. It'd be like trying to drink liquid through a straw with a hole in it. I'm not an engineer, and I've never tested this theory, but honestly, I think it could do more harm than good.

And yeah, true... an untuned engine can run higher temperatures. As can an engine running a small, cheap turbo because the owner wouldn't pay for a properly sized one. However, that's beyond the scope of this thread. Seeing as this is the Beginner Forums, I do my best to keep discussions on-topic... and discourage people from posting just to get to 30 posts (which is what that seemed like to me...)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
        That has absolutely nothing to do with radiator efficiency. Welcome to my radar.
        ud half wrong on that good sir..

reason being.. if it isnt tuned.. or shittly tuned.. that means more than likely it will be in two fields

or too rich or too lean.. dependant on its timing.. the egts can sky rocket.. maybe not enough to grenade it.. but enough to cause the engine to run hotter than what the radiator/cooling system can handle.. ive seen this first hand.. remember coolant runs around the cylinders so alot of the heat is passed onto it that way..

so ud be half wrong...

welcome to MY radar

edit: fuck u beat me to it... oh well.. lol
        Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 10-31-2008, 08:59 AM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

If he had applied the concept of tuning to the heat produced, then it would apply to this thread. Trust me... that guy didn't think that far into it. He can't see past the number 30.

Comment

what do you mean apply the concept of tuning to heat? i'm not discrediting you i just don't understand how you tune heat.
            Last edited by Dmod; 10-31-2008, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I've run an f22 and an h23 with a 14b and civic rad with no cooling problems and only hard tuned with a fuel pressure regulator AEM uego o2 wideband and plenty of gauges so I know what the motor is doing as long as your egt are in range as well as you're air fuel ratio you shouldn't have any problems

Comment

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmod View Post
                  what do you mean apply the concept of tuning to heat? i'm not discrediting you i just don't understand how you tune heat.
                  I was replying to Wikkedv16, who said that I'm "half right" in my response. I was merely saying that the guy who said "tune it" had no reason to bring up tuning in this thread, because this has to do with the cooling system. Wikked said that a poorly tuned engine will produce more heat, which is very true. However, the guy who said "tune it" said nothing to relate his comment to the actual topic of this thread.

I am not referring to "tuning heat". I am referring to the heat made by a poorly tuned (or untuned) engine... and how that WOULD apply to this topic had jdm egizzle 6 phrased it that way. He did not, however... because he knows nothing, and is simply regurgitating information to try to slip by the 30 post rule.

Comment

Originally posted by 93TurboInspire View Post
                    Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
                    What the hell is the point of this?

Comment

ok i understand what you meant now. just a lil confused. to the OP just wondering, how big of an intercooler are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                      X