Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What do you consider performance parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you consider performance parts?

I have intake, headers, and downpipe. thats considered performance right? But what do you all consider.. i want everyone's opinion and please add parts you would add.

Intake
    Header
    Exhaust
    Camshaft regrind
    Low Profile tires
    Shocks (Koni yellows, KYB AGX, Tokicko Illumina......)
    Springs
    Full Coilovers Shocks
    Brakes (calipers/pads/rotors)
    Forged pistons
    Lightened flywheel

I shall leave other to say more
    Last edited by Father Time; 10-28-2008, 02:16 PM.
    3 CB's gone....
    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

i also have a stage 2 excedy clutch..

Comment

i would say anything outside of "Factory" specs to be performance related.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
          i would say anything outside of "Factory" specs to be performance related.
          Amen.

Comment

what i consider "true performance gains"....

Cams (cam for you sohc bangers)
            Header (not headers for da newbs)
            True cold air intake (not that short ram ghetto fabbed crap)
            Cam gears (for the die hard enthusiast thats trying to squeeze last bit out)
            Turbo (no need for explaining why)
            Free flowing exhaust (ill leave that one open to discuss)
            Clutch (stage 1 is for posers that dont know shit)
            LSD (whats performance good for if you cant put equal power to both wheels)
            Tires (woo i made all sorts of mad JDM power and i cant plant it)
            Suspension (goes in hand with tires)
            Tune (weither it be NA or FI, ECU needs to know what mods are done to run correct)

most important mod to any car: DRIVER... if you cant hone your skills behind the wheel, then what good is a car modded to no return...

mods that ARENT a good peformance mod and more of a waste of money:

FPR/Fuel Rail (Honda's stock unit will allow you to hit 400hp)
            FMU (yea its alright, but its the ghetto route of any boosted motor)
            ECU Chip (stupid ebay knock offs that are truely a waste of money)
            Strut Tower Bars (are you kidding me? straightliners dont need these)
            Weight Reduction (by far the stupidest thing ever, lets gut the whole interior to gain 2/10's of a second.... while sacrafising HEAT on then cold nights)

iam sure i can keep going.... but you get the idea

Comment

Performance Rims (Example Volks lightweight rims)
              Carbon Fiber body parts (Weight Reduction, Examples Bonnet, Trunk, Spoilers, Body Kits, Mirrors, Fenders, Doors)
              Water/Methanol Injection
              Nitrous Oxide Systems
              Aluminum radiators
              Oil cooler
              Transmission oil cooler
              Fuel Pump
              Bigger Injectors

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Buck View Post
                what i consider "true performance gains"....

Cams (cam for you sohc bangers)
                Header (not headers for da newbs)
                True cold air intake (not that short ram ghetto fabbed crap)
                Cam gears (for the die hard enthusiast thats trying to squeeze last bit out)
                Turbo (no need for explaining why)
                Free flowing exhaust (ill leave that one open to discuss)
                Clutch (stage 1 is for posers that dont know shit)
                LSD (whats performance good for if you cant put equal power to both wheels)
                Tires (woo i made all sorts of mad JDM power and i cant plant it)
                Suspension (goes in hand with tires)
                Tune (weither it be NA or FI, ECU needs to know what mods are done to run correct)

most important mod to any car: DRIVER... if you cant hone your skills behind the wheel, then what good is a car modded to no return...

mods that ARENT a good peformance mod and more of a waste of money:

FPR/Fuel Rail (Honda's stock unit will allow you to hit 400hp)
                FMU (yea its alright, but its the ghetto route of any boosted motor)
                ECU Chip (stupid ebay knock offs that are truely a waste of money)
                Strut Tower Bars (are you kidding me? straightliners dont need these)
                Weight Reduction (by far the stupidest thing ever, lets gut the whole interior to gain 2/10's of a second.... while sacrafising HEAT on then cold nights)

iam sure i can keep going.... but you get the idea

There are MINIMAL gains to be had over a short ram intake with a cold air intake. Seriously.

And you say that a cam gear (just one unless you're swapped) is more of a worthwhile gain than weight reduction? Please. You want to consider these cars "straightliners", but you don't appreciate a drop in weight? That's more important than half the crap in your "good stuff" list... and much of it can be done for free (and undone when necessary).

If your car is only good for going straight, you don't need suspension either. Personally, I like to turn. I spend far more time turning than I do going full throttle in a straight line. Strut tower bars, especially the front, are very useful for handling purposes. Just don't get cheap bendy shit.

Comment

a lightened flywheel frees up hp and anything that adds hp in my book is considerind a performance part.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Turbo, Supercharger, Nitro, Sex and Rock n' Roll
                    Last edited by Le_Bucheron; 10-29-2008, 12:59 AM.

Comment

I guess performance parts are anything added to alter the original power rating. People first getting into cars normally choose the intake, header exhaust combination, however suspension is often forgotten.

remember cb7tuner is your friend. searching around will leave you with great idea's and future plans for your ride.

Comment

anything that improves the performance of the vehicle from it's stock performance wether it be in speed or handling, is a performance part in my book.

Comment

i would have to say anything that adds power. i also consider suspension as a performance part because if your making power and cat get it to the grounder its pointless
                          lost but not forgotten 9-11-01

Comment

f22trini rims are not of performance... they just make the cb look good lol

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                              There are MINIMAL gains to be had over a short ram intake with a cold air intake. Seriously.

And you say that a cam gear (just one unless you're swapped) is more of a worthwhile gain than weight reduction? Please. You want to consider these cars "straightliners", but you don't appreciate a drop in weight? That's more important than half the crap in your "good stuff" list... and much of it can be done for free (and undone when necessary).

If your car is only good for going straight, you don't need suspension either. Personally, I like to turn. I spend far more time turning than I do going full throttle in a straight line. Strut tower bars, especially the front, are very useful for handling purposes. Just don't get cheap bendy shit.

the intake one is always debatable.... so its all personal opinions at that

a cam gear can gain you a few ponies if set right..... and weight reduction doesnt achieve shit in my eyes..... for every 100lbs you ditch you gain all but a 10th of a second? not worth the sacrafice of daily crudentials such as heat, stereo, cupholders, and less road noice.... and if your a corner racer then thats great, but if you know the rules and regulations of say for example of the SCCA, if you pull your seats/carpet or anything of the matter that was put in place STOCK, then expect to be jump in class....so whats the gain there? nothing

and i say suspension is great for straightline for one fact and that is when a FWD car launches, the weight transfers to the back fo the car and lifts the front causing the tires to not get a full contact which makes there 60 ft times suffer....

lastly.... i said strut tower bars as they arent a PERFORMANCE MOD as this thread was originally stated.... and i know they are good for corner racers, just not the straightliners.... judging by your post count you have been in the game for awhile, how many times have you seen "Ricers" come in and out of these forums saying there mod list consists of a Strut Tower Bar and that they like to street race cavaliers or some *** shit lol.... my point in saying it in my "Negitives" is to point out ricers think that its a true gain in performance...

Comment

Working...
                              X