Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Change

wass up guys im needin some help here this is my first time doin my oil change for my H22a and i just need to know whats the oil type and wieght that you guys best recommend and oil filter if u guys can help out a cb7 bro id really appreciate it thanks again

H22A SICKNESS!

Ok so you have a h22. well we need to know a general mileage. are there any power adders? alota people will tell you a million different things cuz alot has to do with preference and brand loyalty( i've always used brand xxx) really what has been tested is that Amisol and royal purple are some good oils.

Comment

Amsoil is quite possibly the best money can buy.

I generally use Castrol or Pennzoil synthetic blends... but my H22 is going to be rebuilt (well, removed for a rebuilt one)... so I'm not exactly focusing on keeping it in perfect shape. The one in the car now will be for spare parts, and another build down the line.

Comment

its just a stock jdm h22a with 40 k miles and no internal modifications wat do u guys recommend and whats a good oil filter too?

H22A SICKNESS!

Comment

i'd go with synthetic oil to keep sludge out of your fresh motor.

royal purple or amsoil

mobil 1 if you absolutely must.

Comment

i say you don't need ton use synthetic. it has more detergents in it thus helps keep your motor clean. but i have heard of a lot of problems if you switch right back to conventional.

Sure, it's an H22. but it's still a motor. Still works the same. what you should do is get oil for your driving style. If you just drive it for now and could use the little bit of extra $$$ for other things while your workin on it, i just used 5 quarts of castrol gtx and 1/2 quart of lucas.

I am going to switch to better oil once i get everything settled.

Comment

Mobil 1 or Royal Purple is good. I also would use the Mobil 1 oil filters...they're made really well. Should be 5w30 for the viscosity.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                Mobil 1 or Royal Purple is good. I also would use the Mobil 1 oil filters...they're made really well. Should be 5w30 for the viscosity.
                cool thanks so 5w 30 would be the perfect oil to use

H22A SICKNESS!

Comment

I like synthetic because of the protection it offers if there is an over heat problem. It will save an engine to a point. Cheep insurance.
                  Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

19TcappaLX

Dohc Royal Purple, Sohc Castrol Synthetic Blend.

Comment

I used to run nothing bu Mobile 1 SuperSyn, but after seeing 2-3 tests confirming that the Mobile 1 Synthetic is only better than dino oils in that it has more detergents and a higher flash point (no better lubricity), and seeing some tests on Amsoil and Royal Purple that beat everyone else by a wide margin in every designator, I switched to Royal Purple. I recommend Royal Purple or Amsoil, if not these I use Castrol GTX to do friends' oil changes.

Royal Purple and Amsoil are the only two that I know of (maybe Redline also) that have a zinc additive in the oil which is one of if not the best anti-friction additive an oil can have. fwiw
                      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

cool thanks guys

H22A SICKNESS!

Comment

Here is a lil hint about getting some cheap synthetic oil.

Go to Walmart and pick up some Syntech synthetic.... if you live on the east coast its probably Mobil 1... west coast its probably made by Shell. You can compare the markings on the bottles to those counterparts and figure out who manufactured it.

The regular stuff is made by Warren oil and its top quality stuff too just with out the multimillion $$$ ad campaigns.

I picked up 5 quarts of 5W-30 for my moms Explorer a few months ago for $12 where the mobil one was gosh maybe $25-30... its never run smoother.

Also I would take a Syntech oil filter over a Fram anyday... They are better made and more efficient and cost half as much. Fram = crap Though I've never had a problem using their air filters. Wish walmart would start using that crazy buying power for air filters and fuel filters too!

Total cost of an oil change with Syntech stuff should be no more than $15 for full synthetic and an OEM quality filter.
                          AD5OS
                          FOLDING@home

Comment

ok this is what ima do ima buy 5 Royal Purple / 1 qt. SAE 5W-30 High Performance Motor Oil with Mobil 1 oil filter ?? is this correct or Royal purple with SAE 75 140W and diff. oil filter?

H22A SICKNESS!

Comment

Originally posted by 1sickcb7 View Post
                              ok this is what ima do ima buy 5 Royal Purple / 1 qt. SAE 5W-30 High Performance Motor Oil with Mobil 1 oil filter ?? is this correct or Royal purple with SAE 75 140W and diff. oil filter?
                              yep, thats the correct oil weight, and good filter. If you have an H22 its 5 qts, an F22, its 4 qts capacity

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X