Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 Turbo Swap Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ecu was tuned for 94 octane and I have no issues with knocking or detonation.

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

i made 320whp @ 17lbs for a year on stock internals and didnt blow my motor untill i turned the boost up to 23lbs like a previous post had mentioned its all in the tune!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I was at STS a while ago...they seemed pretty cool as far as putting one in a CB. I'd think if enough people got into it they'd make the kit.

Comment

sts turbo's are okay. I'd piece up a custom one. It takes a little longer but well worth the wait if you piece the right stuff together.

I plan to build a total sleeper. My power goal is 450 hp on a built h22. But for my type s motor, 270-280 hp will do.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
            My ecu was tuned for 94 octane and I have no issues with knocking or detonation.
            Yeah, you did things the right way and got a professional dyno tune, correct? Not to mention you're running properly sized stuff. So many people don't quite understand what is involved, and that's where the damage is done. I'd rather tell people that boosting an H22 is a bad idea, than push them down the path of destruction. If you know what you're doing, you aren't usually one of the people that ask if boosting an H22 is a good idea. If you have to ask, it's a bad idea for you.

Originally posted by DRQPQUT View Post
            i made 320whp @ 17lbs for a year on stock internals and didnt blow my motor untill i turned the boost up to 23lbs like a previous post had mentioned its all in the tune!!!!!!!!!
            17lbs on stock internals? Holy crap! The most I've heard someone doing successfully until now was about 14lbs (on a street car, anyway) F22A I assume you're talking? Was that a dyno tune, or a street tune?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
              Yeah, you did things the right way and got a professional dyno tune, correct?
              Actually it was done professionally on a street tune, but regardless you're right about having to do things right. I didn't just jump into this project...a lot of questions were asked and I found the right guy to help with the project. I would not have trusted a tune with just any ol' tuner I made sure the guy knew his stuff and he had experience with this type of project before

SOLD!!
              Boosted H22
              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

na man thay's stupid you can only 3 pounds more then that...think about new part's or even a new motor

Comment

Working...
                X