Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

heater blowing cold air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heater blowing cold air

takes about 30mins to defrost windows and get a little warm what do u guys think

Check your coolant level, if it's ok, either a bad t-stat or a clogged heater core.

Comment

ok tyvm

Comment

i have to drain some water out befor i add coolant so am going to wiat a week

Comment

def, either low on coolant, bad heater core or thermostat.If the heater core is leaking the passenger side floor should get wet.
          90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

Originally posted by g0ofy504 View Post
            i have to drain some water out befor i add coolant so am going to wiat a week
            No need to wait a week.
            There's a plug at the bottom of the radiator (engine side).
            Unscrew it a bit, and it'll start draining out.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I am currently in the same situation. I am going to check the heater core tomorrow. As for the other possibilities the thermostat, the heater control unit, or the Mixture Valve in the firewall (

Comment

ok cool am going to drain 2day.......i was thinking a 3step thing to get my heater working 1st coolant , 2nd t-trant , 3rd core what u guys think sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by g0ofy504 View Post
                  takes about 30mins to defrost windows and get a little warm what do u guys think
                  sucks to be you! :P jk

Move to TX!

I say its one of the thingies that your box controls... either a knob or button...

Maybe flush out your coolant and winterize your car will help.
                  AD5OS
                  FOLDING@home

Comment

i had a stretch in the cable that switches from heat to non-heat ha
                    i just have to manually open the thing at the firewall, sorry my heater terminology isnt better
                    OHIO CB7'S #11
                    SOLD

Members Ride DevlTuning

Comment

Originally posted by AD5OS View Post

Move to TX!

I say its one of the thingies that your box controls... either a knob or button...

i am close to Tx. i live in New Orleans lol

Comment

Drain water out? Are you running pure water? If so, that can cause corrosion... and that will clog things.

That, or have you ever added any stop-leak crap to your cooling system?

The heater core can clog easily. No heat is a sign of that.

Comment

Originally posted by AD5OS View Post

Move to TX!

Hey, someone else in Houston.
                          A little off topic. My heater knob is stiff when turning hot to cold or cold to hot. when I worked at Honda, most CBs and CDs were like that. Not sure if that's just the norm, or if there's a fix for it?
                          2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
                          1993 Honda Accord SE - Sold
                          1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold
                          1997 Honda Civic EX - Sold
                          1996 Saturn SL2 - Totalled
                          1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - Sold
                          1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D - Totalled

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                            Drain water out? Are you running pure water? If so, that can cause corrosion... and that will clog things.

That, or have you ever added any stop-leak crap to your cooling system?

The heater core can clog easily. No heat is a sign of that.
                            ok i drained the water out about a week ago and its working a little better but still taking w a while to get warm it takes for ever to get hot so am going to change the t-strat now and after ill know its the core prob is now but atlease ill have a new t-strat

Comment

Hmmm what is your temperature gauge telling you? It shouldn't take more than 3-10 minutes to get to full temp... depending on how cold it is outside. If you are in NO than you should be getting warm in 1-2 minutes. I bet it is some mechanical thingy in or lever. My knob that controls heat is very stiff too.. I think that's a good normal sign... if it isn't stiff then you probably have an issue.
                              AD5OS
                              FOLDING@home

Comment

Working...
                              X