Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ebay h22 header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay h22 header

do 97-01 non SH headers hit on a jdm h22a 92-95?

1991 Lx coupe........traded now I have nothing lol

They should bolt right up. The ports should be the same on all h22s. I believe the only difference in the SH model was the transmission I believe it has some kind of rear diferential or something like that..
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
      They should bolt right up. The ports should be the same on all h22s. I believe the only difference in the SH model was the transmission I believe it has some kind of rear diferential or something like that..
      ok cool because i just bought an ebay stainless steel header and in the add it said 92-96, but the very bottom said 97-01 non sh, and it also said only usdm/edm models so basically these guys are full of shit and a h22 header is a h22 header no matter what year/trim?

Comment

unless you buy one for the 97-01 models specifically. thats what i did and i had to lengthen my down pipe

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
          unless you buy one for the 97-01 models specifically. thats what i did and i had to lengthen my down pipe
          the down pipe is the second peice? from where to where did you have to lengthen it, was it hard?

Comment

Originally posted by cleanjdm View Post
            the down pipe is the second peice? from where to where did you have to lengthen it, was it hard?
            yeah. its the one that bolts up to the header and has flex pipe on it.

i didn't take the car with me. i had to take the two pipes (old and new) and have the matched up. it wasn't easy for the guy. i also had to buy the pipe so i could be sure he wasn't ripping me off. but he got it done. wasn't exact. it was off a little but the flex pipe bent enough to catch. but i'm missing a bolt (reason for exhaust leak)

cost me $40 for the welding (originally $70/hr and it took 45 min) and $6 for the pipe used to extend it.

Just to avoid my problem, see if you can get the gaskets from honda. i think i might have blown one already and it's been 2 weeks. if it's just a generic header, that gaskets are the suck. i am going to get honda ones ASAP.

Comment

ok then, doenst seem too bad them, no ones gonna be lookin under my car anywayz, and it'll jes be until i get money for a greddy one later on, on the mean time i'll have some bling under the hood. thank you for the info

Comment

Originally posted by cleanjdm View Post
                ok then, doenst seem too bad them, no ones gonna be lookin under my car anywayz, and it'll jes be until i get money for a greddy one later on, on the mean time i'll have some bling under the hood. thank you for the info
                yeah, it's not the dirtiest thing either. and if you bring it to an exhaust shop it might be more though. but it'll all line up perfect. they'll cut the pipe, life the car, bolt the ends up. measure. spot weld it in place to line it up. and then finish it all up. with a lift it should be done and on in an hour.

Comment

Working...
                X