Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

suspension question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension question

im thinking about changing out all my bushings to urethane bushings from energy suspension.com do you think its worth it? any feedback will help in me making my decision.

R.I.P 93 cb7

probably the best upgrade to your suspension you can do. i highly reccomend it

Comment

whats the labour time involved in replacing all the bushings that come with the kit. three hours?

sorry for jacking your thread.

Lane
      1992 Accord EX-R 4 door Cobalt blue on blue 5 speed, friggin love this car.

Performance mods: AEM short ram intake, Progress rear sway bar, and Apexi WSII cat back, skunk 2 wieghted knob, yeamans short throw. exedy oem style clutch pkg with a F1 racing 12lb flywheel, TASauto braided SS clutch line.

Sound mods: Hertz space 6 1/2 speakers and tweets with a Audison Srx 2 amp, Focal 11" sub in a Focal ported box, Kenwood D-class amp, Audison cap and a Kenwood KDC891.

Comment

5 hours if you really bust your ass and know what you are doing.

it's basically as labor intensive as a front suspension overhaul and brake job. you have to take apart the front suspension for the coil isolaters and strut bushings, the control arms may need to be taken out depending if you have a bushing C clamp tool with the proper fitting(s).

use lots of lube!
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          5 hours if you really bust your ass and know what you are doing.

it's basically as labor intensive as a front suspension overhaul and brake job. you have to take apart the front suspension for the coil isolaters and strut bushings, the control arms may need to be taken out depending if you have a bushing C clamp tool with the proper fitting(s).

use lots of lube!

well the time part is not a problem i have the motor out as well i am in the prosess of rebulding that but i was just woundering if i sould it wille i have all the susp. out on both side would it be worth it to do wile i am thare or if it would be easyer with the motor in. but anyways thaks.... would love some more feadback

R.I.P 93 cb7

Comment

It took me about 10 hours working practically working non stop. It's a pain in the butt. But definitely worth it. Fire helps remove the rubber inserts on the lower control arm. Then I used an air chisel to remove the metal sleeve that's still in the bore.
            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

i recommend it especially if youve already got the motor out lol

me and my 90' Accord LX

http://www.myspace.com/truenogtapex

Comment

cpmike has it done to his car. His suspension is otherwise inferior to mine, but everyone raves about how his car handles. It's all due to the bushings.

Comment

well i thank you guy very much ..... for the info that you guys did give with what i have saw from what you guys have said i think im going to do it .........

well i gues the only thing left now to make a few phone calls to a few freinds ........... and can any one say " miller time"

thanks agin

R.I.P 93 cb7

Comment

haha.
                    have a good time!

no dui's!!

me and my 90' Accord LX

http://www.myspace.com/truenogtapex

Comment

Originally posted by 4GFalken20 View Post
                      haha.
                      have a good time!

no dui's!!
                      you dont have to worry about the DUI's cuz i will get my wife to drive the car the night me and the guys go out to drink( kinda like payment for helping me....geting them drunk is more than enuff payment) she dont drink!

R.I.P 93 cb7

Comment

Working...
                      X