Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Drifting Left / Right Within Lane On Highway! Scary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the condition of your shocks????!?!?!?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

link for that alignment kit? thx

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by BBuncky2 View Post
        Well first of all, thanks for the reply. However, I've already ordered two oem tie-rod ends. I was in doubt so I just went for OEM, at the higher price.

He didn't mention anything about the control arms being bent too much. They were very observant, in my opinion, when they checked everything out. This is a pretty honest and good shop.

Also, isn't it difficult to go in and change the inner tie rods? I have no idea, and I wanted as simple a job as possible. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal to just change the ends if it were aligned properly later. If everything meets or exceeds OEM, it shouldn't be a problem...?
        I think your instincts are right. Sticking with just the job you are certain you need to do and not expanding the scope of it are the correct things to do given your financial situation and experience level.

Later on once you have gained experience and familiarity, as well as the confidence from doing this job successfully, doing a larger scope job will be a less intimidating option.

Good luck.
        Last edited by batever; 10-23-2008, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post
          I think your instincts are right. Sticking with just the job you are certain you need to do and not expanding the scope of it are the correct things to do given your financial situation and experience level.

Later on once you have gained experience and familiarity, as well as the confidence from doing this job successfully, doing a larger scope job will be a less intimidating option.

Good luck.
          It's good to have support! Thanks!

Comment

Yeah, you know what's funny? I went ahead and changed out my half-shafts, too...and here we were just talking about sticking to the jobs I know. Seriously though, I'm having fun and I've found a hobby in keeping my CB in good shape. I've learned a ton. Much of it is thanks to this website; it gave me the confidence I needed to get started, and continues to fill me in with others' expertise I need to keep going.

Comment

update on problem?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland View Post
                update on problem?
                Oh yeah my tie-rod ball joints are fucked, as are my lower ball joints. I'm replacing all four of those items (all are on order). Then, I will take it for an alignment. I will update after that and tell you guys what's goin on.

Comment

Oh yeah my tie-rod ball joints are fucked, as are my lower ball joints. I'm replacing all four of those items (all are on order). Then, I will take it for an alignment. I will update after that and tell you guys what's goin on.
                  Cool

Yea messed up tie rods make for sloppy handling

And LBJs are critical for both good ride and safety

You can change your LBJs w/hand tools too

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i bet your lower ball jonts gave you much of the issue.

i have the same problem right know.... my car sometimes drives like its out of control on the high way....

ik now i need a pass uca and the tie rod on the same side....

i don't have a long crow bar to check the lower ball joins as of not, but i bet that one of them is a goner too lol...

good luck with the car man and don't worry once you replace those parts, you will be ok.
                    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

check the steering rack, it can cause drifting.
                      90 Panda DX F22A6

Comment

if the rack was the problem, then there was gong to be a lot of play on the steering wheel. that is one of the usual symtoms of the steering rack problem
                        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          Cool

Yea messed up tie rods make for sloppy handling

And LBJs are critical for both good ride and safety

You can change your LBJs w/hand tools too
                          Yeah I just found that out yesterday. Can you point me in the direction of exactly what type of tool (and sizing or whatever makes it unique) you used? I know there has to be different opening sizes to the receiving "cup" for the joint as it falls out. Also, where did you get it? (Answer doesn't have to be limited to gloryaccordy. Anybody chime in! Thanks!

Also, as I change my driveaxles (which I am going to be finishing on Sunday), I am updating this thread. Here it is, in case anyone wanted to know about the job: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...97#post1733597

Comment

Yeah I just found that out yesterday. Can you point me in the direction of exactly what type of tool (and sizing or whatever makes it unique) you used? I know there has to be different opening sizes to the receiving "cup" for the joint as it falls out. Also, where did you get it? (Answer doesn't have to be limited to gloryaccordy. Anybody chime in! Thanks!

Also, as I change my driveaxles (which I am going to be finishing on Sunday), I am updating this thread. Here it is, in case anyone wanted to know about the job: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...97#post1733597
                            From what I remember... u just need to remove the knuckle and get a piece of pipe that will sit on the LBJ. Then u take out the C clip and just tap it out w/a hammer. From what I remember. I might do it this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                              From what I remember... u just need to remove the knuckle and get a piece of pipe that will sit on the LBJ. Then u take out the C clip and just tap it out w/a hammer. From what I remember. I might do it this weekend...
                              See I'm hoping that I don't have to remove anything, because that means I have to disconnect the brake lines which means a big mess of brake fluid everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                                i said in another thread regarding the front end

if you car has over 100k change

bearings
                                rotors
                                upper and lower ball joints
                                inner/outer tie rod ends
                                sway bar end links and bushings
                                and other related front end bushings
                                alignment

now your front end will be safe and tight
                                K, first off, what does changing the rotors and bearings have to do with alignment and making the front end "stiff"
                                Answer - Nothing. the rotors are for braking, and the bearings, unless required to pull them for any reason, should be replaced with a new one. If you wanted to replace the bearings, rotors and everything else you mentioned, your looking at at least 500 bucks in parts. not including labor, that adds up. Bearings only need to be done when you remove them, or when your doing a complete brake job and one of them just HAPPEN to break.

Like the moto goes - If it aint broke, dont fix it.

In this particular case, it sounds like you may have a bad ball joint. Re-check all of them, and replace as neccessary. Also check the upper and lower bushings to make sure they are ok. With the rear upper control arms, or "rear upper camber arms" Do NOT cheap out, i did this once, and i regret it every day. If you have any other questions, post back.
                                90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                                2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Working...
                                X