Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a 93 coupe 5 speed and its pretty much stock except for the intake. Does anyone know or could even suggest some things i should buy to make it faster without doing a swap and without a turbo? also if i lower the car by just cutting the springs is that bad? will i need to buy a camber kit? or jus be better off buyin springs from a store? what exhaust do you recommend? and are there any CB7 meets in NJ/PA?
    -CeRtiFiEd HuStLeR

Welcome... off the top of my head, a good exhaust system will add 10-20 horses and won't break the bank. Fairly simple to swap out. Also, if they aren't new, replacing spark plugs/wires/etc. and all the usual tune-up stuff wouldn't hurt either.

Comment

DO NOT CUT YOUR SPRINGS!!! its very dangerous and youll get a very shitty ride. Just check the classifieds once in a while cause theres often memebr getting rid of their setup. Or just buy from a store.

what trim is your accord? LX/DX/EX/EX-R? If its an EXR you dont have much options other than the basic I/H/E
      Hold On Not Done Accelerating
      Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Originally posted by triplejjr07 View Post
        i have a 93 coupe 5 speed and its pretty much stock except for the intake. Does anyone know or could even suggest some things i should buy to make it faster without doing a swap and without a turbo? also if i lower the car by just cutting the springs is that bad? will i need to buy a camber kit? or jus be better off buyin springs from a store? what exhaust do you recommend? and are there any CB7 meets in NJ/PA?
        1. don't cut your springs...
        2. don't call yourself a ricer...
        3. you need the three elements I/H/E...
        4. go to the basics mods CAI, Cat back exhaust, RACING headers, CAM...
        5. do more research then ask questions...
        6. Before all this, Make sure your car is at its 100%!!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
        .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

cutting springs are no bueno...do a basic tuneup an exhaust and some headers should open your engine up a little
          R.I.P. To My CB7 The Motor Blew

Comment

If you lower your car, do not do so on stock shocks. Replace those as well. KYB GR2s are the cheapest "upgrade" you can get for this (not really an upgrade, just stock replacement... but they seem to hold up well)

No NJ/PA meets planned, but we should get something going soon. Nice to see another South Jersey member!

Comment

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post
              1. don't cut your springs...
              2. don't call yourself a ricer...
              3. you need the three elements I/H/E...
              4. go to the basics mods CAI, Cat back exhaust, RACING headers, CAM...
              5. do more research then ask questions...
              6. Before all this, Make sure your car is at its 100%!!!!
              i second this

Comment

you resurrected a thread thats a month and a half old just for that? seriously? at least contribute something if your going to do that.

triplejjr07 if your still here check the regional forums theres a jersey meet coming up soon

Comment

Working...
                X