Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

a couple turbo questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
    Sorry, You'll have to Diy fab one up
    Meh, after your done a turbo swap, making a mount isn't that hard
    I diddn't realise you were going turbo Shadow?
    lol we're in a turboo race

who will get it done first!don don don

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by semitas View Post
      i think nrg makes a damper, my friend had one on his 97 Accord because he had to remove the front mount, i say try to keep the mount its going to be obvious if you need to remove it

is the car a 5 speed, because if its not you better have a backup transmission
      i am pretty sure his power levels will be around or a lil lower than a h22 setup, with the 14 b turbo,, and that means his transmission will be fine even if it's an auto.

the only time to upgrade anything on the auto trans is if your hitting around 300 whp, then you'll need a stall converter upgrade.
      "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeeleDesign View Post
        i am pretty sure his power levels will be around or a lil lower than a h22 setup, with the 14 b turbo,, and that means his transmission will be fine even if it's an auto.

the only time to upgrade anything on the auto trans is if your hitting around 300 whp, then you'll need a stall converter upgrade.
        i'm purchasing a trans cooler as well

i think i'll be fine

keeles:clean out your pm box bro..

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

i did.... that shows u that i get to many emails.

yes that tranny cooler is a must, it made a world of difference in both my cars.

and put a full synthetic fluid for less friction and more power to the ground.
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

i did.... that shows u that i get to many emails.

yes that tranny cooler is a must, it made a world of difference in both my cars.

and put a full synthetic fluid for less friction and more power to the ground.
            thanks for the tips man i'd like to stay auto.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Sorry, You'll have to Diy fab one up
              Meh, after your done a turbo swap, making a mount isn't that hard
              I diddn't realise you were going turbo Shadow?

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
              thanks for the tips man i'd like to stay auto.

i thought about boosting my auto. but when all those problems with my electronics kept coming up with the car starting and it shuttering going into 2nd and 3rd, i left it alone.

but just as long as your tranny doesnt shift like that then you'll be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post

i thought about boosting my auto. but when all those problems with my electronics kept coming up with the car starting and it shuttering going into 2nd and 3rd, i left it alone.
                Its telling you to move to the darkside of 5spd before you boost

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

but just as long as your tranny doesnt shift like that then you'll be good.
                  my auto's BUTTA

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

blahh.i refuse to waste my time shifting

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

well my cb is already a 5spd. silly. ill consider boost tho. im thinking about that front motor mount tho. can i run with out it and get one of those engine dampeners instead? or does it have to be that motor mount refab?

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
                      blahh.i refuse to waste my time shifting
                      you'll be shifting once you find out that its faster to go thru D1-D4. lol.

Comment

well my cb is already a 5spd. silly. ill consider boost tho. im thinking about that front motor mount tho. can i run with out it and get one of those engine dampeners instead? or does it have to be that motor mount refab?

you'll be shifting once you find out that its faster to go thru D1-D4. lol.

your front dampener would work.

i got to thinking...with the size of his turbo, he could prolly keep the oem tcu and not shift it manually, and it should stay perfectly in his powerband. and if it shifts anything like mine their won't be any lag time between shifts.

do you have a seprate thread showing your parts list.?
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

your front dampener would work.

i got to thinking...with the size of his turbo, he could prolly keep the oem tcu and not shift it manually, and it should stay perfectly in his powerband. and if it shifts anything like mine their won't be any lag time between shifts.

do you have a seprate thread showing your parts list.?
                          no seprate thread..but i have

1g mani
                          1g 02 housing
                          1g bov
                          14b turbo
                          450 black top injectors
                          smic (till i get funds for a front mount aka christmas)
                          and i'm getting a mrx basemap from somebody local.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

do you have your oil lines and fittings along with the coolant lines ,intercooler pipes ?
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

do you have your oil lines and fittings along with the coolant lines ,intercooler pipes ?
                              yes i have the smic piping..the oil lines i have no idea wehre to get them

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stain...spagenameZWDVW

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Working...
                                X