Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

a couple turbo questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a couple turbo questions..

ok...so i'm almost done getting all my turbo stuff together..but have 3 questions.

1.will a aftermarket 1g downpipe like this work with our cars?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Downp...mZ230297587990

2.has anyone successfully ran they're charge pipes WITHOUT relocating the battery?or is relocating it a must.

3.with a 1g mani and a 14b,will i have to take out the front motor mount to install the mani/turbo?or will i be able to keep the mount?

spoonsportsaddict

The downpipe looks pretty universal to me. Though I can't speak from experience but I've seen very few setups that don't require the battery to be relocated, those setups are running Front mounted intercoolers, if you are running the side one then the battery will interfere.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
      The downpipe looks pretty universal to me. Though I can't speak from experience but I've seen very few setups that don't require the battery to be relocated, those setups are running Front mounted intercoolers, if you are running the side one then the battery will interfere.
      well.i have the opintion of running either the side mount or a front mount..i have both

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Then basically if you use the Front mount one you just have to route the pipes on the side of the battery like a Cold Air Intake would go.
        1993 Accord EX
        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
          Then basically if you use the Front mount one you just have to route the pipes on the side of the battery like a Cold Air Intake would go.
          ah ok ok..so i could keep the battery up front.sweet..

any answers to the other 2 questions?

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

You could also get one of those smaller batteries.
            I think Odyssey makes some.

As for the actual turbo questions... I have no clue.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Can't help there sorry, I'm sure some of the turbo guys will give you good information later.
              1993 Accord EX
              2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
                You could also get one of those smaller batteries.
                I think Odyssey makes some.

As for the actual turbo questions... I have no clue.
                yea i've seen those..like the hamp light weight batteries.. i've thought about that..

waiting on chessboxer to post :cough :.

or any of the other boost gods

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

i think nrg makes a damper, my friend had one on his 97 Accord because he had to remove the front mount, i say try to keep the mount its going to be obvious if you need to remove it

is the car a 5 speed, because if its not you better have a backup transmission

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
                    ok...so i'm almost done getting all my turbo stuff together..but have 3 questions.

1.will a aftermarket 1g downpipe like this work with our cars?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Downp...mZ230297587990

2.has anyone successfully ran they're charge pipes WITHOUT relocating the battery?or is relocating it a must.

3.with a 1g mani and a 14b,will i have to take out the front motor mount to install the mani/turbo?or will i be able to keep the mount?
                    1. Maybe - Never heard of anyone not getting one fabbed up, but it could work. I wouldn't trust the welds on some of the cheaper ebay stuff however, but that is just me.

2. It is very possible, as the way I ran my charge pipes currently has them coming in to the right of where the batter sat. There should be a pick in my mr thread. It requires cutting out a hole for the ic piping to come through, and the length of your ic could prevent this from working.

3. Bye bye mount.

You could diy one like mine, it has held up to much abuse.
                    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post

waiting on chessboxer to post :cough :.

or any of the other boost gods
                      You think far too highly of me good sir.
                      2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                      2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

what do mean remove the mount? remove it completely as in not having it there at all? or just take it out for the turbo installation and then put it back?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                          what do mean remove the mount? remove it completely as in not having it there at all? or just take it out for the turbo installation and then put it back?
                          Yep remove it completly. The turbo won't clear the OEM mount.
                          Its a good idea to fab up a new mount though to minimise engine rocking.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                            Yep remove it completly. The turbo won't clear the OEM mount.
                            Its a good idea to fab up a new mount though to minimise engine rocking.

oh thats gonna suck. i didnt know i had to remove the mount completely and permanently. is there somewhere i can get a mount for that or do i have to fab one up?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                              oh thats gonna suck. i didnt know i had to remove the mount completely and permanently. is there somewhere i can get a mount for that or do i have to fab one up?
                              Sorry, You'll have to Diy fab one up
                              Meh, after your done a turbo swap, making a mount isn't that hard
                              I diddn't realise you were going turbo Shadow?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X