Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Problems with my 92

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with my 92

Hey guys im new to the forum and I am having some issues with my daily driver, it is a 1992 LX. I have had a few occasions where it wouldnt fire up at all when I try to start it, but after 10 or so tries it starts up. Then a couple days ago, out of no where it dies on the freeway. I pulled over to the side, and after 15-20 tries is starts up and ran fine. It did that 3 seperate times on my drive home. When it dies, it doesnt slowly sputter out, it smoothly just goes off instantly, like flipping a light switch. While it dies, all of my electrical components work fine (radio,lights,blinkers). It seems to idle fairly low also, but that may be unrelated. I switched out my main relay assuming it was that, but it didnt fix the problem. Any input or suggestions, ignition control module?

Are you sure the main relay you used is good. I would double check it, when was the last time you did a tune up?? There could be many factors contributing to this problem.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
      Are you sure the main relay you used is good. I would double check it, when was the last time you did a tune up?? There could be many factors contributing to this problem.
      Main relay or the igniton module in the distributor. Mine dropped dead going 75 down I-95. Would not start back. Did it again the next day. when it died it would only start after turning the key all the way off then it would start right back up. Ignition module in mine. Mine is a 93 LX with an external coil dizzy from the factory. $ 91, and 5 minutes....Done!
      My inferiority complex isn't as good as yours.

Comment

Like the other guy said, the main relay could be bad even if you bought a new one. Also thete might be som shit in your fuel system clogging up the fuel line. But if its the relay you should hear two cliks when you turn on the ignition, you should also be able to hear the fuel pump running. Good luck

Comment

I bought the relay brand new at carquest, but I suppose I could have gotten a faulty part (never thought of that). It seems to be getting worse though slowly, and I dont think its fuel because it doesnt slowly die out, its immediate. Im thinking its my ignition module, but I have it at a buddys house who is a mechanic right now

Comment

Sounds like corroded or loose battery cables to me. Clean and tighten the cables and see if that fixes the problem.

I had loose cables, and it would do the same thing to me. just shut off out of nowhere... and sometimes starting was impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
              Sounds like corroded or loose battery cables to me. Clean and tighten the cables and see if that fixes the problem.

I had loose cables, and it would do the same thing to me. just shut off out of nowhere... and sometimes starting was impossible.

That was one of my first thoughts, and I double checked them. Seem fine

Comment

Working...
              X