Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

header installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

header installation

first time hooking up headers anyone got suggestions on how to do it and what not to do?

pretty basic striaght foward. Unbolt from the cat and unbolt the bolts from the header. Pull forward and down.

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
      pretty basic striaght foward. Unbolt from the cat and unbolt the bolts from the header. Pull forward and down.
      i dont have to wait for the car to cool down? what the worst situation i can be in? someone was talking about be careful n put a stand under something any clue what they are talking about?

Comment

yeah maybe they said to put a jack stand under your car so that way while you are under there your jack doesnt let go and you get crushed underneath your car.

Comment

could you unbolt the header from the down pipe and pull the header up and the down pipe down??? thats how i imagined it

Comment

Originally posted by a_exaprentice View Post
            i dont have to wait for the car to cool down? what the worst situation i can be in? someone was talking about be careful n put a stand under something any clue what they are talking about?
            If you have a good set of mechanic gloves, you can get away with it just letting it cool down a bit. Its easier to take off the bolts when its hot. The metal expands.

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
            could you unbolt the header from the down pipe and pull the header up and the down pipe down??? thats how i imagined it
            You'll still have to unbolt from the cat, to pull down the other half. If you car isn't up on a hoist. You'll have to take it apart in two pieces.

Comment

You MUST let the engine cool completely or you could damage the threads.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                You MUST let the engine cool completely or you could damage the threads.
                I did mine when the engine was dead cold. Just so nothing happened with the threads on the head.
                When removing the bolts from the cat converter, be prepared to have to put on a socket size smaller and crank it hard. If yours is anything like mine, It was abolutley brutal. I just pulled out my entire exhaust system, and did it on the work bench.

Put 2 jackstands on the jack/lift supports on the vehicle. bring it down VERY slow so you dont break nothin.
                90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Soak all bolts with PB Blaster the night before, and then in the morning, about an hour or two before you get to work. It'll help IMMENSELY.

Comment

Working...
                  X