Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How does the f22a compare to other Honda Engines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does the f22a compare to other Honda Engines?

Ok, I don't want to ask a stupid question. If you read my "New to the group" Thread You'll know that I purchased my cb7 last year, the timing belt jumped, and It sat in my garage until last week. I have gotten it into the shop and am having the engine overhauled. I owned the car just a week and really didn't get on the gas to much because of that new car feeling/worry.

I have a non vtec b18b1 and it is pretty quick for what it is. I've read a lot about the f22a and understand it was pretty much the big block in honda's book. I understand that they generate more torque than hp.

My question is from my 1.8 integra...getting into my cb7 on monday...how do you think they will compare?

And I'm not just asking random questions....I am so pumped up about getting my cb7 back that I've drove by my mechanics shop like ten times today!! He even called me and said If I wasnt his good friend he'd charge me an excited teenager fee

Thanks for you input guys!

Waste of time putting a Teg/Civic engine in a CB.

Mounts, axles, shifter cables etc.
    wat?

Comment

f>b

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post

Sorry I should Have been more specific, I meant I also own an Integra so between my two vehicles what engine do you think will perform better?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post

he asked how they would compare power wise
          his integra to CB
          not if he could but his b series into his accord
          lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cwcb71990 View Post
            Ok, I don't want to ask a stupid question. If you read my "New to the group" Thread You'll know that I purchased my cb7 last year, the timing belt jumped, and It sat in my garage until last week. I have gotten it into the shop and am having the engine overhauled. I owned the car just a week and really didn't get on the gas to much because of that new car feeling/worry.

I have a non vtec b18b1 and it is pretty quick for what it is. I've read a lot about the f22a and understand it was pretty much the big block in honda's book. I understand that they generate more torque than hp.

My question is from my 1.8 integra...getting into my cb7 on monday...how do you think they will compare?

And I'm not just asking random questions....I am so pumped up about getting my cb7 back that I've drove by my mechanics shop like ten times today!! He even called me and said If I wasnt his good friend he'd charge me an excited teenager fee

Thanks for you input guys!
            SORRY GUYS I MEAN THAT THE B18b1 Is in the integra I own, I meant performance between the two cars , not if I did a swap.

Comment

Teg was meant to be sporty, Accord was meant to get groceries and take grandma to bingo.

Teggy is probably quicker, stock for stock.
              wat?

Comment

Yeah, x2.

Even in its most hubcappin, stock form, im willing to bet its quicker than the CB.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

That's what I was thinking. But in all honesty out of all three Integras I've owned even though my cb7 is older its interior components are built so much better, higher quality for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Cwcb71990 View Post
                    That's what I was thinking. But in all honesty out of all three Integras I've owned even though my cb7 is older its interior components are built so much better, higher quality for sure.
                    Adding to that the whole car is built more solid... imo

Comment

I would say the accord is a more mature car, comfortable, solid, roomy, etc. I lke the accord better overall
                      FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                      Pm meX
                      I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                      H22A Swap
                      I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
                        I would say the accord is a more mature car, comfortable, solid, roomy, etc. I lke the accord better overall
                        Me too, even before I had one I always thought of the accord as mid sized luxury car..and for my cb7 being a 1990 it has a lot of options that some newer cars I've driven don't.

Comment

The f22a is nothing compared to the f22c

lol

We need an f22c swap now...

Comment

id have to say a f23 or K24 was more ont he big block side. f22a is an eco motor but still can be modified. what it needs is more cam and compression.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              id have to say a f23 or K24 was more ont he big block side. f22a is an eco motor but still can be modified. what it needs is more cam and compression.
                              I'd think so too. This is where I got the understanding that it was the big block...I also mean for its generation as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_F_engine

Comment

Working...
                              X