Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

i need performance!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need performance!!!!

ok heres the deal i have a stock f22a4 with a cold air intake and apc intimidator exhaust so i got the breathing down but i just want to make more power. its and automatic and its got a bit of miles on it and cant afford a re-build right now and just was wondering some tricks to get more horses besides nos or supercharger intakes or turbos im looking at making my car an all motor car! so is there any quick tricks?

synthetic oil and replace your worn ground cables.

do a tune up also if you haven't had one in a while.

Comment

Sorry, but not too many "quick tricks." and if you have a good bit of miles on it then it may net be the best idea.

But you can do some Throttle body upgrades. ECU tuning. maybe cams and such as well.

search around. plenty of people are doing some big stuff.

Get Inspired

Comment

A tune up can and will do wonders, especially on cars with some miles.

Get proper spark plugs (I see too many people running crap plugs these days).
        Clean out your EGR ports and valve.
        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

p12 ECU cheap instant 10 hp
          or
          f22a6 intake manifold or f22a6 runners + h23 upper plenum + h23 throttlebody +pt6 ECU - unknown HP increase, but noticeable.

You said you have an APC intimidator, is that a full exhaust or just a can? If it's just a can, get a full exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
            p12 ECU cheap instant 10 hp
            LOL, brain went totally dead and didn't even think about that.

Yes very easy, quick, and fun bump in HP. I did it and liked it.
            Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

well its a 1991 honda accord ex and for starters i i have just a muffler on it and i just took out the intake and cleaned all of that and i just did timing belts and serpentine belt and alternator belt and i just did the cam and crank seal and all the other necessary gaskets to do timeing belts and ive got a set of ngk performance spark plug wires in it and new distributor cap and rotor new cv axles and i was going to turn the distributer to advence the timing but dont know alot about that so....

Comment

There are no cheap, easy ways to do it. You could go turbo or get a used nitrous kit quite cheaply, but you'd have to know what you're doing so you don't blow anything up. Being automatic limits your options, since the old, tired autos can't handle very much abuse anymore.

The F22A has amazing potential, but you're not going to see it if you don't have some money to spend, unfortunately. Especially automatic.

Comment

well i was going to get A dc sports ceramic coated header and some heat wrap and see where that put me ive got like 400$ to spend on performance for right now rest is going to bills

Comment

if you get a ceramic coated header, wouldn't that be a waste of money getting the header wrap also? you'd think the ceramic coating would do the same job as the wrap already.

that and a DC header would probably go for $300+.

maybe get some lighter weight wheels? i mean it makes your car look nice while reducing weight.
                    Last edited by Leung; 10-03-2008, 06:25 PM.

Comment

yea i guess now that i think about it does anyone know where to get some good parts cheap? and also i heard there was a sohc vtec with jet valves now would i be able to get a head from one of those and put it on my f22a4 (possibly interchangable)

Comment

the F22B1 SOHC Vtec head wasn't really meant for performance but fuel economy.

maybe save a few more hundred bucks and do an engine swap?

oh btw, if you've already got an A4 header, i wouldn't waste your money on an aftermarket header unless your downpipe was already rusted and busted out because those aftermarket header designs basically mimic the A4's tubular design for better flow.

Comment

and also it has new ngk iridium plugs and it gets a can of sea foan motor treatment once a month because of crapy gas and also i only put it in the gas and i run high detergenated-30 weight quaker state oil in my car and i usually do an oil change about every 1500 miles and i heard that your supposed to use tranny suppliments every once in a while and thought that would help my tranny alot because it has slippage and cant figgure out what it is its only when i try to take off a little quicker then average not like a race launch though

Comment

with $400 I would do a manual transmission swap

or if you want to stay automatic, you could get an H23 intake manifold and have an exhaust shop make you a 2.25" catback

Comment

Do not put ANYTHING in your transmission but Honda ATF. The crap people put in Honda automatics is what leads to their premature failure... well, second only to never changing the fluid.

If you have $400 to spend, you could get a nitrous kit. Of course, then you have to fill the bottle. With $400, you could build half of a decent turbo kit.

The F22B1 head is absolute garbage. Don't be sucked in by the VTEC gimmick. The F22A head flows much better.

Spend $50 on a junkyard head, and put $350 into having a machine shop modify it.

Comment

Working...
                              X