Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Right front wheel sensor wire cut! help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right front wheel sensor wire cut! help

i thought my vss was messed up but its my right front wheel speed sensor. I have the 2 wires with the male clip, now one wire is yellow and one is tan, i found where one of the wires goes and it links to the metal sensor near the wheel but the tan wire is short and i cant find where it links to please help.

93 SE
    Junked The 90 LX

i think this is the part --
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...ayphotohosting

how do i take it off my car?

93 SE
    Junked The 90 LX

Comment

thats an abs wheel speed sensor, it reads from the axle. what is the problem with your car, abs light or cel?
      1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
      newer race video,older race videos
      1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
      1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

my s light is blinking this part might not be it but the clip and 2 wires are the same,,, i have a 1990 lx, i never have seen the other end to this part because its right under my intake and fuse box but more towards the wheel.

93 SE
        Junked The 90 LX

Comment

This sensor is right above the outer part cv joint what is it ????? please help

93 SE
          Junked The 90 LX

Comment

it is the abs speed sensor. you said there were two loose wires and you only found where one goes, but both wires would probably go to the sensor. As for removing it, there are two bolts to the sensor itself and two more to the wire attached to the inner panel, then just disconnect the cable from the engie bay and your good to go

Comment

could i salvage it? by putting the wires together?
              and would that make my S light flash

93 SE
              Junked The 90 LX

Comment

MY CAR IS A 90LX does it even have the abs speed sensor?? tas only has 91-93 so does all the rest of the companies i looked at?? im lost

93 SE
                Junked The 90 LX

Comment

A 90 LX shouldn't have ABS.
                  wat?

Comment

man i dont know

Comment

so what is this part!?

93 SE
                      Junked The 90 LX

Comment

It is possible that he had his axle replaced with one for an abs car, the only difference between the two axles that I am aware of is that one has an abs wheel speed sensor on it. If there is a problem with it, you will have abs warning issues at the very least.

If his car is not actaully equipped with abs though, it should make no difference if the part is on or off, attached or unattached.

To the original poster:

does your car have abs in the first place?

if not, then your problem is not the sensor on the axle (which shouldn't really even be there on your car, but could be there if you had a replacement axle that just happened to have the abs sensor on it)

Comment

Originally posted by 90LXKING View Post
                          my s light is blinking this part might not be it but the clip and 2 wires are the same,
                          also, "thought my vss was messed up but its my right front wheel speed sensor."

well, 1) why did you think the vss was messed up, and

2) why do you think that the problem is your right front wheel sensor?

What do you mean, "s light"? can you spell it out in full with no abbreviations, as what you are saying is not making sense to me. In other words, what was the problem you were having in the first place when you asked about this sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post
                            also, "thought my vss was messed up but its my right front wheel speed sensor."

well, 1) why did you think the vss was messed up, and

2) why do you think that the problem is your right front wheel sensor?

What do you mean, "s light"? can you spell it out in full with no abbreviations, as what you are saying is not making sense to me. In other words, what was the problem you were having in the first place when you asked about this sensor?
                            Sports light.

Comment

i went out of state on the road one of my hoses had a hole in it and leaked antifreeze i pull into a near by auto repair they changed the hose i was in a rush (bad move) and took
                              a quick look at the engine bay turned the car on waited 20 min with the mechanic the car didnt over heat so i payed and pulled out the shop and went on to my business meeting. after my meeting i drove home. It was late my S light on the dash was blinking, i didnt do much research and just thought it was a malfunction with the broken switch. At home a few days daily driving my car was giving simptoms of a bad speed sensor but i took a look in my engine bay and found right under the intake a male and female connector one side was attached to a thick bunch of wires (which the vss was link to also) and the other side of this male/female connector had the wires ripped there is two wires yellow and tan. i searched for the other parts to these wires and found the tan wires other side ( which was under the intake on a metal sensor looking piece above the cv joint on the front right tire) what i couldnt find was the yellow wires other side. what is this part?

93 SE
                              Junked The 90 LX

Comment

Working...
                              X