Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

question for f22b1 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question for f22b1 owners

hey, whats doin?....anyway i got a question for all you f22b1 guys.

i have an f22a now in my car,and my old accord had an h22a.....i came across a nice coupe for cheap....and it has an f22b1 in it.

my question is what do you think of this motor?...(I know there is write up for it in the swap section,but I want first hand reviews from experenced users)

I heard that the f22a is better for turbo, don't know if it's true, but since I do not plan to turbo that doesn't matter much to me.

I like the fact that it has 160whp......how do you find accelaration compared to the f22a...noticeable diffrence?

I liked my h22a and i get the feeling it's on the same lines as that..am i right?

also.....what kind of grade gas can you use?......

anyway, i hope this is a great motor cause I'm singing the f22a blues right now .....lol

anything else you can tell me about this motor would be appreciated.....
    thanks guys

The f22b1's only got 5 more horses than the f22a6.

F22B1 1994-1997 VTEC Accord EX, 1997 CL, 2.2 liter (2156 cm³), MPFI fuel system, 145 hp (108 kW) @ 5500 rpm, 147 lbf·ft (199 N·m) @ 4500 rpm, 8.8:1 compression, oil pressure 50 psi (340 kPa) @ 3000 rpm.

From what I've heard, they have their ups and downs. I mean, if it's already in the car, go for it. Most people talk about swapping the f22b1, and most just tell them to keep the f22a. (because there isn't really much gain from it, for the work that's involved doing the whole swap)
    98' Mustang 3V Swap
    11' VW CC R36

Comment

no thats not the engine, then.....I talking about the jdm f22 twin cam 160whp one

I thought that it was called f22b1 ,but I m totally out to lunch on this one.

what is the name of the jdm engine?

Comment

The JDM engine is simply F22B. F22B DOHC is the best way to describe it, to avoid confusion.

There are no numbers following the engine codes on JDM engines.

The F22B is a decent engine. Similar in performance to the H23A1.

The F22B1 is a pretty worthless engine. People think it's an upgrade because it's a VTEC motor, but it has very few redeeming qualities. Reliability and efficiency are the only worthwhile traits of that motor! I know this thread is no longer about the F22B1, but I have to preach my anti-F22B1 propaganda whenever I can!

Comment

Yea, you're talking about the f22b. (no numbers). It's the JDM motor they put in the 92-95 Si Preludes. The USDM preludes came with the h23 in the 92-95 Si.

http://www.jdmenginesamurai.com/engi...ngine_f22b.htm

Check it out.
          98' Mustang 3V Swap
          11' VW CC R36

Comment

ahh..o.k .... now i see...thanks guys

Comment

F22b1

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
              The JDM engine is simply F22B. F22B DOHC is the best way to describe it, to avoid confusion.

There are no numbers following the engine codes on JDM engines.

The F22B is a decent engine. Similar in performance to the H23A1.

The F22B1 is a pretty worthless engine. People think it's an upgrade because it's a VTEC motor, but it has very few redeeming qualities. Reliability and efficiency are the only worthwhile traits of that motor! I know this thread is no longer about the F22B1, but I have to preach my anti-F22B1 propaganda whenever I can!
              I second that Deev....thread no longer about the F22B1...but yeah it is worthless IMO...I have that engine in my 5th gen Ex....HATE IT! Hate it with a passion, I cant wait to swap that engine....I would even swap to a F22A6 if I had my way....my 93 SE had way more pick up that this 94 Accord!

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
              ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

huh.... i got an f22b1 and i eat people all day, not to modidedded as far as i know. had intake exaust and vafc controller (had), now just exauhst. i destroyed a turbod civic last week. it was funny too. eh, but i have eaten an A1 with intake header and exaust(auto tran) with a stock A4 (man), killed him. maybe im just a good driver (psych), my point is, even though this isnt about the F22b1 any more, Ima stick with it, and put it in a wagon when i find one.

94 ex 4dr on a diet.

Comment

Ick... it's just a terrible performance motor. The turbo'd Civic was probably poorly done, because that should do some damage... The others are understandable. I mean it IS a 145hp motor... but it doesn't get much better than that.

As for a VAFC, it's not really compatible with the F22B1. It doesn't work right. Check A'pexi's website if you don't believe me.

Comment

^^^^^

true it is 145 HP.....and the fact that my 5th is currently an auto ( hate it..hate it)...was a deal I could not refuse....maybe with a 5 speed and a chipped p06 ecu (what JARHEAD is running in his) maybe I will see better performance...I already have I/H/E and it sucks!

...also for me it could be the fact the my H22 coupe is so much more faster that it just makes the 5th gen seem SO super slow when I get into it!

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol

Comment

The F22B1 won't see much from a chipped ECU. I drove my friend's F22B2 5 speed, and it was horribly unresponsive, I felt. I'm used to an H22A myself, but I had a bone stock F22A1 recently that felt like it had more grunt. The CD accelerated like a Civic!

I must say though, your CD looks damn nice

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                        The F22B1 won't see much from a chipped ECU. I drove my friend's F22B2 5 speed, and it was horribly unresponsive, I felt. I'm used to an H22A myself, but I had a bone stock F22A1 recently that felt like it had more grunt. The CD accelerated like a Civic!

I must say though, your CD looks damn nice
                        Thanks man....I would love to do a K24 or H22 swap on it.....them 19's I got on it now may be a slight reason for some of the sluggishness!

Comment

hmmm not sure how a F22B1 w/ just an exhaust can beat anything besides 17sec cars. Maybe if the Accord is stripped to < 2400lbs then I will believe that.

Comment

Driven properly, an F22B1 would technically be able to beat an F22A1, and probably an F22A6. Especially since the F22As are older engines, and may be in more tired condition. It IS a more powerful motor than those two. Not much, but some (20hp over an F22A1 is fairly significant... 5 over an A6 isn't much of a deal breaker)

The F22B1 isn't garbage for what it's intended for, and it's a well made motor. However, the potential for modification is pretty lame due to poorly shaped ports and a lousy valve angle. If you want performance from an F22B1, you had better boost it.

Comment

Working...
                            X