Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Shock and springs question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock and springs question!

I want to replace all my dampers and saw these!
    I'm on a crazy budget because of school!
    Anybody know anything about those springs?are they cheap ebay grade?do they lower?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/pts/854210093.html

If they are in good condition its an okay deal. The struts are basically oem replacements and the springs I have not heard of before.

Comment

$100 cash.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Goldline springs are a little known brand, but at least they're better than a no-name knockoff... I wouldn't pay much for them. I wouldn't really trust them either.

As said before, GR2s are OEM replacement, though they can usually handle a drop.

Honestly, I wouldn't buy a used setup unless you know where it came from. Those shocks could be nearly dead already. Just save your money and buy new. That setup wouldn't cost more than $300 brand new.

Also, in a day, that listing may be gone. Please copy the contents of a Craigslist ad whenever you post about it, so people in the future can see what you're talking about.

Comment

cool I will check em out......I'm gonna ask if I can get the shocks alone!

I guess your right about the ad....I will remember that!

Comment

Those shocks shouldn't cost more than $50 each brand new. If they're all in working condition, I wouldn't pay more than $75 for just the shocks. They could last 3 years, or they could blow on you tomorrow. You never know with used!

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
              $100 cash.
              if you can get them for that price its an ok deal but like whats been said before you don't know how they've been used or abused
              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

ok a friend of mine just ate shit on his CB....ca-ching! Hes ok!!
                so I got a new question.... I can probably find out myself by interchanging the parts myself but this is faster since I dont have an area to work at home.....working on cars in the street is ilegal here!

so I need to change the drivers stut and coil and the passengers upper and lower control arms.....so the parts that are left intact are from the Drivers side on my friend car.
                Can I use the lower and upper arms from the drivers side on the passengers side? I'm thinking I cant use the lower arm! but what about the upper arm they seem to look the same but you guys tell me!

Sorry me and my crazy budget.....help me out please!

Comment

Originally posted by radiuslight View Post
                  ok a friend of mine just ate shit on his CB....ca-ching! Hes ok!!
                  so I got a new question.... I can probably find out myself by interchanging the parts myself but this is faster since I dont have an area to work at home.....working on cars in the street is ilegal here!

so I need to change the drivers stut and coil and the passengers upper and lower control arms.....so the parts that are left intact are from the Drivers side on my friend car.
                  Can I use the lower and upper arms from the drivers side on the passengers side? I'm thinking I cant use the lower arm! but what about the upper arm they seem to look the same but you guys tell me!

Sorry me and my crazy budget.....help me out please!
                  I don't think the arms are symmetrical

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

No, they aren't. You need to use the arm from the proper side, unfortunately.

Comment

They may work, but why risk it. Honda did it for a reason and IM sure they knew what they were doing.
                      wat?

Comment

ok...damn I guess it was too good to be true!
                        coo coo thxs for the help.....

Comment

Working...
                        X