Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

koni yellow ground control combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

koni yellow ground control combo

i found this setup for a really fair price...they ask me what spring rates do i want for tha coilovers...which RATE should i choose?????
    Last edited by cb7don; 09-25-2008, 10:34 PM.

It depends what you want them for. Learn a thing or two about spring rates, and figure out what you need for your application.

Do you really care about performance, or just looks? Stiffer springs will give you greater performance to a point... but on a street car, too stiff will cause you to lose control on rough roads. Too soft will be like stock.

Comment

well i've got KYB AGXs on my GC coilovers and they ride really nice, no bouncy ebay shit. Spring rates are nice. Eibach did their HW before they designed the springs for the GC coilovers. Its worth it in my books. Idk how koni yellows ride though.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

what do you plan on doing with the car? autocross, daily driver, track use, drag? gotta answer all those questions before i can suggest spring rates.

My Members Ride Thread
        Originally posted by deevergote
        You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
          well i've got KYB AGXs on my GC coilovers and they ride really nice, no bouncy ebay shit. Spring rates are nice. Eibach did their HW before they designed the springs for the GC coilovers. Its worth it in my books. Idk how koni yellows ride though.
          That does absolutely nothing to help. He's asking what spring rate he should choose, since they are giving him options.

And Konis > AGXs. AGXs ride like poop.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7don View Post
            i found this setup for a really fair price...they ask me what spring rates do i want for tha coilovers...which RATE should i choose?????
            i run GC with illuminas.

i gotta pull my wheels tomorrow anyway, so i'll get you my spring numbers while im at it.

i usually run my illuminas at 3 front and 4 rear.

its pretty stiff with the springs that are there, but if i drop to 2front and 2rear then it rides pretty close to stock, just a bit lower and stiffer.
            i know this doesnt compare directly to koni yellows but it may give you a good idea of how the springs behave.

let ya know.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

ITs a daily driven h22 4 door ex i jus wanna lower my car tha rite way and be some whaT slaMMed..........p.s

Comment

do you want a stiffer ride or closer to stock feel? since you want to be slammed, it'll need to be a little stiffer to keep from bottoming out.

i ran 400lb/front and 300lb/rear when i had konis/gc's. the ride was close to stock but i bottomed out quite a bit, mainly on the highways when they got really up/down bumpy. my suggestion would be to call ground control and talk to them, as they will be able to help you a little better then we will, theyre really nice people and all of them are into the car thing so they should be able to lead you in the right direction.

if you arent getting the GC's directly from them then id suggest getting 500lb/front and somewhere around 350-400/rear

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

ITs a daily driven h22 4 door ex i jus wanna lower my car tha rite way and be some whaT slaMMed..........p.s i live in boston and these road AREN'T thaT good
                  Last edited by cb7don; 09-26-2008, 11:48 AM.

Comment

ITs a daily driven h22 4 door ex i jus wanna lower my car tha rite way and be some whaT slaMMed..........p.s
                    That's still not answering the main question.
                    Are you wanting it be stiff, so you can auto-x it?
                    Or are you still wanting a somewhat smooth ride like oem?

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle View Post
                      do you want a stiffer ride or closer to stock feel? since you want to be slammed, it'll need to be a little stiffer to keep from bottoming out.

i ran 400lb/front and 300lb/rear when i had konis/gc's. the ride was close to stock but i bottomed out quite a bit, mainly on the highways when they got really up/down bumpy. my suggestion would be to call ground control and talk to them, as they will be able to help you a little better then we will, theyre really nice people and all of them are into the car thing so they should be able to lead you in the right direction.

if you arent getting the GC's directly from them then id suggest getting 500lb/front and somewhere around 350-400/rear

are you serious 500 for the front and 350 on the back. that is not good for a daily driver unless all the roads you drive on are all flat. nuespeed race spring rates are 400f and 300r and its pretty stiff already. So get something close but not stock around 250/300 f and 150/200r
                      either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

my 400/300 setup felt really cushy to me, but like i told him im not the expert and neither is anyone on here. so he should just call ground control and talk to them cause thats what i did when i originially ordered mine.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

ITs a daily driven h22 4 door ex i jus wanna lower my car tha rite way and be some whaT slaMMed..........p.s i live in boston and these road AREN'T thaT good
                          If you just want it lowered, get the softest spring rate they offer.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                            That does absolutely nothing to help. He's asking what spring rate he should choose, since they are giving him options.

And Konis > AGXs. AGXs ride like poop.
                            okay you believe that. I like them and thats ALL that matters to me.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                              okay you believe that. I like them and thats ALL that matters to me.
                              Yes, but this thread has nothing to do with your inferior shocks... in fact, it has nothing to do with anything you posted, and you posted nothing about the ACTUAL topic at hand. Therefore, you've contributed nothing to this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X