Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22A Swap, no spark.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A Swap, no spark.

Hey,

I've been reading for about a week to try and figure out this problem.

I'm doing a h22a (JDM) swap into a 93 accord EX. I'm at the point of trying to start the engine but there is no spark on the plugs. They are brand new plugs, brand new engine/tranny and ECU. We replaced the coil with the one that came with the engine (believe the 93ex is external and h22a is internal). We did the wire splice as recommended by online and by the swap manual i ordered. The coil (positive and negative) is getting voltage, and no errors are thrown from the ECU.

We are about to try the old coil/dist, as we are running out of ideas. From days of reading I'm thinking its the distributor as the coil gets power. But is getting a new distributor my only option, is there a way to test the distributor?

This project is being worked on by myself and my mechanic. Only thing left to do is the power steering line, muffler...and little things (tranny shift cable bushings).

Any help is muchly appreciated. Thanks

(I look like a newbie on here with 3 posts, haha. But i've been reading on this page for more than a year, just never needed to post).

So far I think the best idea is to swap back to the old coil/dist. If this does not work then it would be a ECU/wire issue i think. He would have to check the "control wire" for the distributor as it may have power but the ECU is not telling it when to spark.

Any agree ?

Thanks in advance too.

Comment

if your 93 ex was extreanl coil then you should have just bought a h23a1 obd1 extrenal coil dizzy and plugged it right up.... its what i did on my 93 ex with a h22a4 swap

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
      Originally posted by deevergote.
      But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Are you sure your spliced the correct wires? There's 3 wires on the plug, splice together the 2 thickest wires.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Thanks accord2nr81, i'll look into this. If I can get one shipped quickly i'll grab it. Do you know any sites that have this for sale?

d112crzy - Yep, splice together the black/yellow wire with the yellow wire. (large wires).

I think for troubleshooting sake we'll try the old coil/dist. and see if it works. This will tell us if the ECU control wire is working. If so we'll put the new coil/dist. back on and troubleshoot it. I'll double check the wires too.

Thanks

Comment

it won't bolt up.

Comment

h23a1 dizzy will bolt up to a h22 no problem..... its what i got on my car....

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
              Originally posted by deevergote.
              But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by accord2nr81 View Post
                h23a1 dizzy will bolt up to a h22 no problem..... its what i got on my car....
                No one here is talking about the h23 distributor.

He said he's going to try the old dizzy/coil. Old dizzy/coil=f22.

F22 distirbutor housing does not bolt up on an h22 head.

The internals will interchange however.

Comment

Ya, i think the dizzy is out of the option anyways. I'll get this on the road quicker if I just solve the current issue.

It has to be the control wire coming from the ECU as the coil has volts (+/-).
                  We'll know as soon as we hookup the old coil/dist.

But thanks for your input guys. It helped!

Comment

whats the condition of the rotor and cap, not likely that it would cause no spark, just weak spark...unless the electrode on the rotor is bad.....posibled not likely....yeh make sure ur splice is well connected, and at that point the distributor isa prolly bad
                    Lost Motion Inc. Repair and Performance Automotive

Comment

it would be the cap off the new dist/engine, so its in good shape.
                      But ya, checking the wires and other stuff. I'll let ya know the results

Comment

is the ground on the thermostat housing conected. if that ground isn't connected you wont have spark.

92ex coupe h22
                        93 240sx with silvia front end (kadet in the works)
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1894990

Comment

o yeh that damn ground!!!!!
                          Lost Motion Inc. Repair and Performance Automotive

Comment

Working...
                          X