Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Honda says not to flush the Tranny!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda says not to flush the Tranny!?

I am going to Honda to get my tranny fluid changed and the guy said they don't do flushes because Honda doesn't recommend it. Why is that?

it's because it can stir up settled particals and those particals can block up tiny passages in the transmission. i'd just do a drain and refill every oil change until eventually the transmission fluid starts coming out dark red. and use honda trans fluid. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

you know what? i asked the same thing this morning about my mother's CRV and the guy also said it's not recommended to "flush" the automatic tranny.

not quite sure why they say that' it's bad.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
        it's because it can stir up settled particals and those particals can block up tiny passages in the transmission. i'd just do a drain and refill every oil change until eventually the transmission fluid starts coming out dark red. and use honda trans fluid. later.

and just when I was going to get this done. Thanks for the info

can I drain this my self ? if so how and were ?

Comment

I use to work at a garage.
          My boss said the same thing but never gave ma clear-cut answer as to why.
          www.PreludePower.com
          BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Originally posted by Hondaisdashit View Post
            can I drain this my self ? if so how and were ?
            if you ask me, it's easier than an oil change.

the drain bolt is here:

it has a square notch that you insert a 3/8's ratchet into. be sure to wipe off the magnet with a rag.

when you refill it, you add the fluid back in through the dip stick hole with a funnel. if i remember it takes about 2.5-2.8 quarts on a drain and refill. later.

Comment

Is the magnet at the end of the drain plug??

Comment

yup, it sure is. later.

Comment

yup, it sure is. later.
                  Thanks for your help

Comment

As a former honda tech, reason not to flush is that the automatics have a non serviceable internal filter that gets gunked up from power flushing, drain and refill will sufice if done every 15k. do not check fluid level with engine running it will read empty everytime.

Comment

should we check it warm or anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                        should we check it warm or anything?
                        Honda= cold check

http://www.d-a-p.com/Ads/dap-email7.htm
                        Last edited by Fake Thug; 09-25-2008, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Run engine to operating temp, turn off and let sit for 15 mins, then check fluid level.

Comment

wow, and in my GM cars its "check hot while running"

should do a drain/refill before winter sets in
                            http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

when you refill it, you add the fluid back in through the dip stick hole with a funnel. if i remember it takes about 2.5-2.8 quarts on a drain and refill. later.
                              fill with 3 and then pull the fill level plug (the open bolt hole in the pic, upper left hand corner). once the fluid stops coming out, its filled to spec.
                              Originally posted by Soichiro Honda, Honda Motor Company Ltd. Founder
                              Action without philosophy is a lethal weapon; philosophy without action is worthless.
                              No, I don't own a CB7, but I do own a F22A6 and a B16A trans. All going in a 90 integra sedan .

Comment

Working...
                              X