Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

slow window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slow window

the window on my 92 ex accord is realy slow when i try to raise it or lower it on the passanger side. how can i fix it. its pissing me off

Hey,

I had the same problem and it was the rubber linings inside the door/window area. Mine was more near the drivers side mirror. I sprayed some white grease in there and my window works fine now. You may need to replace the rubber lining if its torn/worn/bad. Sometimes when its torn the window going up or down causes it to "double up" or fold up on itself causing too much pressure and the motor will only slowly move the window.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Hey,

I had the same problem and it was the rubber linings inside the door/window area. Mine was more near the drivers side mirror. I sprayed some white grease in there and my window works fine now. You may need to replace the rubber lining if its torn/worn/bad. Sometimes when its torn the window going up or down causes it to "double up" or fold up on itself causing too much pressure and the motor will only slowly move the window.

Hope it helps.
      Thanks. The rubber part is fine from what I see. what spay did you use? were did you buy it from ? and do you have to continue to spray after awhile?

Comment

Comment

Hi,

My rubber lining looked good also, but if you reach your fingers down near the drivers side mirror you may feel a break in it or dirt, etc. Also reach down near the lock of the door and i suggest running your finger through the middle of it all the way around. But it sounds like its sticking in the bottom part of the rubber, so get the grease and attach the nozzle and spray down the rubber lining.

If this works then you know the problem. If it does not work then you may have a dying motor.

Is your window in alignment? Does it ever work fine or it does this everyday?

I still have to use the spray when its hot out and it will work fine for a few weeks. I plan to just replace this rubber piece.

Comment

If its not the rubber you need a motor.

Comment

at honda they use silicone spray, but the white lithium also can work.

later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

haha wow, pictures included on how where to spray.
                doesn't get any easier than that

Comment

Hi,

My rubber lining looked good also, but if you reach your fingers down near the drivers side mirror you may feel a break in it or dirt, etc. Also reach down near the lock of the door and i suggest running your finger through the middle of it all the way around. But it sounds like its sticking in the bottom part of the rubber, so get the grease and attach the nozzle and spray down the rubber lining.

I will try this tomorrow for sure I hope it works

If this works then you know the problem. If it does not work then you may have a dying motor.

dying motor ? oh boy and I know honda does not make them anymore right ?

Is your window in alignment? Does it ever work fine or it does this
                  everyday?

from what i see it is in alignment. it goes slow everyday..lol sometimes when it rains it goes a little faster

I still have to use the spray when its hot out and it will work fine for a few weeks. I plan to just replace this rubber piece.
                  were can I buy the rubber from ?

Originally posted by plee3 View Post
                  If its not the rubber you need a motor.
                  I hoe its the rubber

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                  at honda they use silicone spray, but the white lithium also can work.

later.
                  haha wow, pictures included on how where to spray.
                  doesn't get any easier than that
                  Took the word out of my mouth

Comment

Also remove the panels and spray the rails inside.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

weather stripping is the proper term i was looking for. You can get it from the dealership or any other place like:
                      http://www.car-stuff.com/hondaweatherstrip.htm

Comment

weather stripping is the proper term i was looking for. You can get it from the dealership or any other place like:
                        http://www.car-stuff.com/hondaweatherstrip.htm
                        is this the tracks for the window or for the door that keeps the air from coming in ?

Comment

That rubber part is bad in my car and makes window go up and down super slow and just damaged my nice tint; hope is not crazy expensive to replace it.

Years ago was slow as well and I put some silicon spray and fixed it, but now seems like is too old and also wind on highway makes noise, so will have to replace all rubber around front windows, last time I check prices from dealer were hundreds, hopefully there are aftermarket decent quality and cheap ones.

Comment

haha, the dreded highway whistle, right in ya ear too. lol But does sound like its time for a full cleaning and replacement. Good luck.

Comment

I had the same problem too, on the driver side door and it's the ruber inside the door, i took everything apart, little brush, grease and now it works perfect....
                              JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Working...
                              X