Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Suspension squeaks like a .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension squeaks like a .....

So after I failly have my energy suspension master bushing kit, tokico illumina struts and H&R Sport Springs (rides pretty rough by the way) everything squeaks surprisingly bad when its colder outside.
    The front left does it almost all the time but the front right and rear left do it when its cold too. My friend and I didn't install the shock tower bushing from the kit because the factory bushing looks like a much better fit and quality. Upper ball joints are brand new adjustables and lower Ball joints are newer and I dont think they could possibly be to blame.
    Anyone have any thoughts? I was thinking I would spray each bushing with some kind of lube and test drive after each one to find out whats makeing all the noise but i don't know if I'll have time. I need to order and swap my H22a if I want my accord to make it through this winter but the noises are driving me crazy... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

^Click Me!^

bump anyone??

^Click Me!^

Comment

I think more detail is needed here. Does it make noise constantly?
      Is it when turning only, bumps only or all?
      We have all had the horrible squeaks caused by upper and lower ball joints b/c the bushings are bad. They usually are old and will rust into their "socket" causing only the old cracked rubber to flex, causing the squeaking noise.

Try moving the car around if you can. push on the wheel well and move the front end side to side. Or grab under the wheel well and life up and down, or push the car front to back. See if you can narrow down what motion causes the squeaking.

Did you lube them at all when putting them in, or grease the rubber at all?

Hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        I think more detail is needed here. Does it make noise constantly?
        Is it when turning only, bumps only or all?
        We have all had the horrible squeaks caused by upper and lower ball joints b/c the bushings are bad. They usually are old and will rust into their "socket" causing only the old cracked rubber to flex, causing the squeaking noise.

Try moving the car around if you can. push on the wheel well and move the front end side to side. Or grab under the wheel well and life up and down, or push the car front to back. See if you can narrow down what motion causes the squeaking.

Did you lube them at all when putting them in, or grease the rubber at all?

Hope it helps
        Thank you i very much appreciate someone giving it a shot. It makes the noise only when going up and down. All the bushings were greased with the stuff that came with the energy kit. The rear bushings are old so they may be squeaking but the fronts are all new except the upper part of the spring which was re-used. (between the spring and the "hat" that has the 3 studs on it that fits through the shock tower holes.)
        The front left does it almost every time the spring expands or contracts. Ie. potholes bumps and braking...
        I think i mentioned the upper and lower balljoints being newer and they were done at the shop that did my alignment so I don't think they are the problem...

Thanks again any more input is appreciated!

^Click Me!^

Comment

switch to oem or a spherical bearings. all of mine squeak.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i dont know if this is going to help but you said the your lower ball joints are newer but not new. i had a problem with my front end squeakin and the lower ball joint was to blame, they looked ok but there waz a small hole in the boot and there waz not grease in the ball joint. it would be worth a shot lookin at it.

Tim

Comment

Working...
            X