Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 vs. F22 which one to build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 vs. F22 which one to build

I plan on road racing so boost is mostly out of the question. Should i build a freshly rebuilt H22 with a few upgraded parts or a built F22 and still run on 93 octane.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
    "The Turtle"
    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
    I plan on road racing so boost is mostly out of the question. Should i build a freshly rebuilt H22 with a few upgraded parts or a built F22 and still run on 93 octane.
    Basic bolt ons fior the H22 with the 93 octane...

Comment

Build the F why not?
      Freedom Is Not Free
      U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112 View Post
        Build the F why not?
        needs to be hopped up more to compete with a H...for the price you pay for long block h22 and get it rebuilt, you're talking about 4k for the rebuild alone.

its a controversial topic. im bias, just look at my sig.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

It depends what your goals are, as well as your needs. A swap will put you in a different class, as will certain mods. Read up on the rules from the sanctioning body you plan on racing under, and build according to them (keep in mind that if you're going to take your time, rules DO change... look at past changes and anticipate next year's changes...)

The H22 is more power out of the box, and with mild bolt-ons. Both engines are capable of pretty impressive power NA when built. They can both make over 300whp... but it won't be cheap for either one.

Also, boost isn't a bad idea for road racing, unless the rules prohibit it. Do your research. It may not be a bad option.

Comment

Working...
          X