Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tire wear in the rear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire wear in the rear?

So, when I lowered my car, I noticed a very noticeable lean on the wheels upfront (toe). But, in the back.....it wasn't bad at all. Same drop in the rear, as in the front. Had the Ebay coilovers, so everytime I adjusted the height, both were the same height. So, I just recently put new struts in the back and put my stock springs back in. (only in the rear). My front struts are doing just fine with the coilovers. No bouncing, or nothing. Rides like it's stock up front. Have it raised up all the way.

Well, when I put these new struts and stock springs on the back, I got new tires for the rear put on my stock SE Rims. (had steelies on all 4, but now just upfront). Well, pulled the back tires off today, cause my brakes were making a little squeak (guess it was water or something. It's just like a ...tweek tweek....then don't hear it again until a week later). When I looked at the tires, I noticed already...(600 miles) wear on the inside of the tires. These are new tires man, and I'm baffled on what the hell it is. The car's got all the stock stuff put back in the rear, suspension-wise...and the tires are wearing on the inside? It's like.....an Inch-Width of wear. But when I look at the wheels when the car's on the ground, they look perfectly straight? No lean on the wheels at all?
    98' Mustang 3V Swap
    11' VW CC R36

i would get an alignment check. Im pretty sure les schuab does it for free.

Comment

get an alignment. your rear toe might be off. when your toe is off, your tires will scrub. since its the inner part of your tire, you might have a little bit of neg. camber.

Comment

Yea, I didn't know you could get an alignment in the rear. The rear suspension looks a lot different than the front suspension. Didn't know if there was toe adjustment and stuff that could be done in the rear also. The place I go to, to get my tires put on (very frequently), said they charge 59.99 for an alignment. I figured if I put my 15" stock rims back on the rear, and all my stock suspension on the rear, the wear would go away, but it's still the same. Damn!
        98' Mustang 3V Swap
        11' VW CC R36

Comment

Working...
        X