Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Stock Fuel pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Fuel pump?

Wats the flow numbers on the stock pump? good upgrade?
    Last edited by 93F22A6; 09-17-2008, 05:48 PM.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
    "The Turtle"
    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

I think 125 LPH. ive been wondering if a fuel pump upgrade is worth it too...

Comment

Why would you need to upgrade your fuel pump?

Comment

if you get a 255lph or such fuel pump does that kill gas mileage? or is just capable of the 255?

Comment

Originally posted by benerman View Post
          if you get a 255lph or such fuel pump does that kill gas mileage? or is just capable of the 255?
          its just capable but from what my tuner says it will increase your nox levels.

Side note is a prelude fuel the same as an accord

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

While on the face of it, increasing the fuel pump rate might sound like a cool idea, in fact, I suspect it isn't a practical idea and won't likely give you any performance gains. In fact, it could cause you repair headaches.

(Disclaimer: Before I get into this, I will tell you that I do not consider myself particularly knowledgeable about the fuel system, mostly because I've never had trouble with it. But I will share what I do know).

Here's why I think it probably isn't a practical idea to increase the fuel pumping rate:

If you incease the fuel pumping rate, you will increase the fuel pressure beyond original specifications. The fuel injectors, if unregulated, would spray fuel at a higher rate into the combustion chamber. however the fuel injectors are regulated by the ECU and the ECU will just dial the injectors down to reduce the fuel again. But can the injectors dial down far enough to compensate for increased fuel pressure? Who knows? If they can't you'll just have created essentially a car that is incapable of idling at its previous level, or you will have created a need to readjust your idle. You may also create the effect of having a jumpier throttle. I guess maybe if you spray more fuel in the combustion chamber you can exert more power. But the engine itself is probably not engineered to handle the upper end of the power you would deliver. In the meantime you will be probably have some weird unanticipated negative result on the fuel injector system. Of course, if you don't mind paying for the power in reduced engine life or possibly other stuff, like a fried catalytic converter due to incomplete combustion because there isn't enough oxygen to fully combust the fuel at the upper throttle levels, for example--and possibly unburned gasoline vapors going out your exhaust, creating a potential for post-engine combustion, or burned valves...

of course, maybe you thought of all that, I'm just thinking out loud here.

One question might be, is the fuel pump regulated by the ECU? If it is regulated by the ECU, you would need to figure out how to get the non-spec fuel pump to play nice with the Accord's ECU. Not my idea of a good time.

If you have a bad fuel pump, replace it with a new, stock, Honda fuel pump would be my advice.

If nothing is currently wrong w/ your existing fuel pump, I would be careful of switching it out for one with a higher pumping capacity without looking at the potential consequences first.
            Last edited by batever; 09-20-2008, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Useless unless your using any type of force induction.
              Stock flow is around 110 or 120ish for a Prelude.
              www.PreludePower.com
              BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

Even a turbo application, doesn't REQUIRE an upgraded fuel pump. Its nice to have for safety and upgradability, but not necessary.
                Some of us have pushed over 250hp on the stock pump

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord View Post
                  its just capable but from what my tuner says it will increase your nox levels.

Side note is a prelude fuel the same as an accord

If you increase fuel pressure and or flow your car will run rich and will lower Nox because the combustion temps dont get as high.

Comment

None of you seem to realize how our fuel system works, IF the regulator and return line can handle the extra fuel, the injectors will see absolutely no change in pressure. The system will simply be circulating more fuel back to the tank than OEM.
                    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Working...
                    X