Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Should I Buy From Flea-Bay????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I Buy From Flea-Bay????

Ok fellas, Ive been on flea-bay looking at different items and I keep seeing air intakes for $9.00 and lowering springs for around $10.00 etc... Are these items worth my time and money ordering and installing??? I know the old saying "you get what you pay for" but WTF!!! I would pay more for shipping for these items than the actual cost. Are they worth it??? Has anyone tried these 10 dollar items???

the cai aint bad thats wut i got on my car its aint the best but not bad i cant speak on behalf of the springs
    cb7's and three titty women with two vaginas is all we need in life j/k
    MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

Comment

I bought the ten dollar intake just for the tubeing and said fuck it to that thing they call an air filter that comes with it and replaced that with a steel mesh intake filter. As far as the lowering springs I have heard bad things about them. As you stated you get what you pay for.
      One Day At A Time
      "Honda Connaisseur"
      1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
      1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
      1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
      1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
      1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
      1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
      Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
      Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

A tube is a tube , most are no name intakes so they are cheap and are using cheap filters.

You can see AEM , Injen and others being expensive because you are paying for the brand name and their advertising. Also some expensive intake are CARB legal meaning you won't get harrased by cops or smog techs being the intake as illegal parts.

Lowering springs are poorly made , they have high spring rates which will make you bounce all over. I'd go for an expensive part on suspension.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I got my Header, Intake, Cornerlights, and Taillights from ebay.
          wat?

Comment

stay away from 'ebay coilovers'

Originally posted by kc8enb07
            does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

i'm on the ebay lowering springs.and the ride is perfectly fine my car bounces barely at all.

i THINK mine are ebay.....i'm not sure.theyre green

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

i have spent alot of money on my suspension setups, from what i know and have experience, you get what you pay for, i have done the cheap coilovers back when i was in high school, i guess its a "live and learn experience"

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
                  i'm on the ebay lowering springs.and the ride is perfectly fine my car bounces barely at all.

i THINK mine are ebay.....i'm not sure.theyre green
                  i got those green Ebay springs and my 90 rides ok.

i got other parts from Ebay and have been good so far.
                  http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                    i got those green Ebay springs and my 90 rides ok.

i got other parts from Ebay and have been good so far.
                    yea mine probobly are..it was dropped when i bought it they ride fine.dont knock something just because everyone else does...my springs,front and rear strut bars,and exhaust are all from ebay.and none of them have let me down.

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

i have ebay coilovers too

my ride is fine
                      峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

I don't think they're saying that everything form eBay is bad. You just have to be careful when it comes to some of the no name stuff.
                        2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
                        1993 Honda Accord SE - Sold
                        1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold
                        1997 Honda Civic EX - Sold
                        1996 Saturn SL2 - Totalled
                        1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - Sold
                        1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D - Totalled

Comment

Originally posted by Houston93CB7SE View Post
                          I don't think they're saying that everything form eBay is bad. You just have to be careful when it comes to some of the no name stuff.
                          well thats what i have.

the ebay noname coils that cost 40 shipped lol
                          峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

If they work, that's great, and I mean that completely without sarcasm. I just think most people are a little hesitant to buy something that doesn't have a proven reputation. I'm a believer in "You get what you pay for" in most cases. But I'm also all for being able to get something cheaper and have it work just as well or better.
                            2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
                            1993 Honda Accord SE - Sold
                            1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold
                            1997 Honda Civic EX - Sold
                            1996 Saturn SL2 - Totalled
                            1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - Sold
                            1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D - Totalled

Comment

Stay away from suspension components of that quality. You don't want your life riding on cheap springs, brakes, ball joints, etc... Many people use them, and many people have no problems... but cheap crap is more likely to fail, and I don't like to see people hurt because they didn't want to put out another $100 to do it right!

The air intake tube is fine. The filter probably isn't the best. Put out another $40 for an AEM DryFlo or K&N cone filter to go on the cheap pipe. Put the cheap filter up on ebay to recoup your $10. Say it's JDM, and it'll sell.

Stay away from cheap-o lights as well... the light output is weak, and they leak.

Put it this way... if your life, or the life of your engine, depends on the parts... they had better be quality. Anything else, go cheap... the worst it'll do is look stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X