Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Engine Identification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Identification?

Hi, I own a 1990 Honda Accord EXi (Auto) and I was wondering if the engine is the same as the Accords found in the US.

Because according to redbook.com.au my Accord has the F22A6 engine. Is there any way I can identify the difference visually?

From OZ?

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
    Honda Accord Euro-R
    Honda Odyssey Absolute
    Honda City I-DSi
    Honda Stream

Comment

There should be F22A6 stamped on the engine block.

Also look at the intake manifold, you should have a IAB plate and actuator. And it should look like this:
      Last edited by Jon; 09-11-2008, 12:39 PM.
      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Look to the left of the header, above the starter. There should be a little flat, square area. If your engine is dirty, you may not be able to read the stamp... but your engine code is there. Wash it off if you can't read it. It will be F**A*. Probably F22Asomething (though there are F20A and F18A engines floating around... EXi sounds like a higher trim level, so you should have the 2.2L)

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard335 View Post
          From OZ?
          Yeah, I am from Perth, Australia. I will go check the engine now!

Comment

I just checked, redbook.com.au is full of shit. Mine is a F22A5.

Comment

a5?
              "Brought to you by Carls Jr."

Comment

Originally posted by totaldoughnut View Post
                a5?
                Yeah. F22A1, F22A4, and F22A6 are USDM engines. That's why telling someone in Australia how to determine which of those three they have is useless. There's a whole range of F22A engines out there. Most are pretty much the same (this F22A5 is probably the same as, or nearly the same as, the F22A6). There are also F20As and F18As out there. Some are carbureted. Some are DOHC.

Comment

So where would I go to find more local information?

There aren't any Australian based websites similar to CB7Tuner.

Comment

There aren't ANY sites similar to CB7tuner (except maybe CD5tuner for 5th gens)

As far as CBs go, this is your best bet. For local car stuff, I don't know... there must be a few good local car clubs around.

I know a guy named Geoff from Australia that used to run ozaccord.net... last I heard, it wasn't very active and just went away. Geoff hasn't been around much, but goes by the name F22 Guru here, and simply The Guru on CD5tuner. The man knows a good deal, and may have a lot of useful Australian-local knowledge to share.

edit: ozaccord.net is still up and running, though it seems to have some issues. I'm seeing activity in recent times on there, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X