Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best Header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
    by no means was I trying to moderate

far from it

DC is good for the average person

it was one of my options

you gotta pay to play

i wish i could play
    DC has little to no gains unless you are buying the header with a 2.5 collector. Yes Hytech SMSP and RMF are great headers so I heard, but it gets pretty pricey. I say dont go into these headers unless you want some serious power. AND, you wont acheive its full potential unless you do a really good tune.

On another note, JASMA isn't a header brand. JASMA is just basically a stamp, like the CARB plates on our USDM headers. JASMA is the approved and "legal" header in Japan. In all honesty, I would rather get the non-legal header for Japan. That's asking for power right there.

Camp1320 is a replica of SMSP. I almost hopped on one for 500 but I think it requires us CBs to remove or cut the crossmember bar, and even take out our front motor mount. You may be able to stablize the block with a damper shock, but I have no personal experience with them...yet.

On the other note, I did purchase a FGK header from bmxicansd. The JDM header is a lot larger than the Greddy I currently have in my car. The primaries are larger as well as the downpipe and collector. Greddy, is good... but not as good as some may think. I think it may be restricting power still, compared to the FGK I purchased recently. You have to remember, Greddy is the US version of Trust. Kurobei and I were talking earlier today (well yesterday now I guess) over eating, and he's guessing that the Trust headers are more than likely bigger piping. JDM motors also do not use catalytic converters, which restrict performance here.

Let's put it this way. CARB legal products are CARB legal for a reason. You want performace, go with something that wont pass emissions. Hope this helps a little.

Off to bed.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

what about the megan racing headers?
      1992 H22A4 Coupe - R.I.P.

Bought from: slammed4thgen. new_beginnings. crzy.tuning. f20aaccordturbo. hondaguy1212. cb4_honda. fatboy1185. wed3k.
      _____________H22A4CB7. minorreparations. PR CB7. plee3. Bisimoto Engineering.

Sold to: LadyG. sulimed. choppacity. choogee3.

Comment

Originally posted by SE_DynamiK View Post
        what about the megan racing headers?
        it will look good
        you will see little gains

but its better than a stock exhaust manifold

you can find them for like 130 bucks
        thats how much i paid for mine

Comment

jasma

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

I found this really helpful: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1437360

Comment

Originally posted by boostntofu View Post
              Ive seen tons of crazy headers for the H22 which is best?
              How much do you want to spend? DC is a good header for 99.99% of people on here, I got one and its good, but if I wanted the same gains I would go for a Megan for the price. Also you can run a kamikaze header I had one on my civic and it was fine, never had a problem with gaskets and such, but I forget who is using one on his accord and the gasket and bolts didn't work right for him, the bolts loosen and the gasket shi* out on him. http://www.kamikazeperformance.com/s...hop/index.html

Check this link out it goes over most headers
              http://zitec.cz/shop/exhaust/header/header.htm
              Last edited by NorcoAccord; 09-11-2008, 05:12 PM.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post
                jasma
                What kind?

Read my post a couple above yours.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                  What kind?

Read my post a couple above yours.

so its not a brand?just a stamp saying its carb legal?

all and all.my friend had a header wtih that exact stamp on it,and nothing else on his lude and you could feel a difference afterwards

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Originally posted by JDMchristian991 View Post

so its not a brand?just a stamp saying its carb legal?

all and all.my friend had a header wtih that exact stamp on it,and nothing else on his lude and you could feel a difference afterwards

There should be an indication of what brand the header is somewhere in there.

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                      There should be an indication of what brand the header is somewhere in there.
                      I'm glad someone here makes sense! I almost feel bad asking you to make your sig smaller now... but please do.

SMSP and Hytech are fantastic, as is Mugen. RMF has been good for 2point6, whom I respect immensely... However, Bisi, another man that has my respect, had nothing good to say about the engineering (or lack thereof) that has gone into those designs. (4/11/2010 EDIT: The RMF header is a stolen Bisimoto prototype, from what I've been told... by a Bisimoto employee. It is an incomplete design, and obtained dishonestly. The man behind RMF used to be Bisi's fabricator.)

DC does very little, especially over the JDM manifold. Megan is a DC copy, as is OBX. There are slight differences in design, but they're pretty much the same. DC is the highest quality, obviously. Probably the best "cheap" header you're going to get... but if you get it, do it for looks. The 2.5" collector, paired with a 2.5" exhaust and a good cat, will be the best gains you'll see from this design.

As for the cost of the Bisimoto header... much of that is due to the current cost of metal. They were originally going to be about $600, but metal prices skyrocketed. For the performance, the increased price (for the F22A header, the H22A header is not on the market yet) is WELL worth it... and still far below the price of the competition. The Bisimoto header will run about $1000 when all is said and done right now (give or take...). An SMSP header was $1200 brand new 4 years ago... I'm sure it's gone up.

Comment

My homeboy is looking for a good H22A header!!! So I can finish this monster H22A project its SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                          I'm glad someone here makes sense! I almost feel bad asking you to make your sig smaller now... but please do.

What's funny about that is my PC doesn't show my picture as huge. It must automatically shrink it for me

But hey, your site,your money (minus my donations ) and your rules... and I abide by it.

93 'til infinity

Comment

JJDM is always good too....

but i hear there's only one header of his out there right now..
                            峠 で ドリフト を して 下さい。

steam linky facebook, y0 俺 は 走り屋 です。 clickable ^

Comment

Originally posted by ric3rboi23 View Post
                              JJDM is always good too....

but i hear there's only one header of his out there right now..
                              and i hear its the shizz

Comment

I read through the posts in the link pasted earlier. Very good thread by the way. There was a section where someone listed all the carb exempt headers. It had DC, ofcourse and im pretty sure I saw megan and obx on that list also. Is this accurate?
                                "Brought to you by Carls Jr."

Comment

Working...
                                X