Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What makes the p13 run in limp mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes the p13 run in limp mode?

Im thinking I need a new map sensor vtec is not engaging at the proper RPM and sometimes engages at different rpm points.

Do you have any faults logged? Not sure about Honda ecus, but on diesel ecms they have engine protection features built in and certain fault codes will enable the engine to run in a derated state to protect itself and get to a shop.
    "Brought to you by Carls Jr."

Comment

get a p28
      chip
      and
      tune
      problems solved

Comment

i know i can get a p28 or a p72 and mod it that way. I think it is the vafc or the map sensor messing with it I dunno tho Imma take it to this honda guy i know.

Comment

eh if u are running a stock ecu, with a vtec controller its proly not set up right, or took a shit on u....i would remove the vafc,check for codes, and then get a chipped ecu that will give u more reliable pwer
          Lost Motion Inc. Repair and Performance Automotive

Comment

Originally posted by totaldoughnut View Post
            Do you have any faults logged? Not sure about Honda ecus, but on diesel ecms they have engine protection features built in and certain fault codes will enable the engine to run in a derated state to protect itself and get to a shop.
            But that's ^^^ pretty helpful. Wish a couple of my old cars had that!

Comment

im having the same problem, except mine only runs rough when the car has cooled down, once it warms up there is no problem, and the thing is thar when its idling rough and you give it gas intead of reving up, it revs down, like air is going into the cylinder but not enough fuel, but my egr valve is not hooked up, hopefully after me and my friend re wire the engine and hook up the egr, that problem will go away because if not i will have to get a p28
              Last edited by semitas; 09-14-2008, 12:04 PM.

Comment

if u get a chipped ecu and replace it with out fixing the problem first then it might mess up your engine.

limp mode is there to prevent damage and to tell you, that you have a problem.

is there any codes flashing??

edit: you should use a period so it doesn't look like one word
                map sensor. vtec
                Last edited by smokeeey420; 09-14-2008, 12:03 PM.
                FS: DSM turbo parts,OEM parts, and more.....
                My Members Ride Thread - R.i.P

Comment

If there's a CEL, that'd be why it's in limp mode. If you messed with the VAFC and don't know what you're doing, that could be why it's in limp mode. As suggested above... remove the VAFC, check for CEL codes, fix whatever the codes tell you is wrong, and see if that fixes things. If it doesn't, you have other issues.

What do you have that you need a VAFC anyway? Are you boosted, as your name suggests? If so, you shouldn't be running a VAFC to tune anyway!

Comment

Working...
                  X