Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car looses power while rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car looses power while rain

well i own a 93 ex and i never had problems with the car, i always do the tune up on time i recently changes the spark plugs and wires dist. cap and rotor and fuel filter, now two days ago when it was raining the engine hesitated while accelerating for a few minutes then it never happened until today it was rainning again and same thing happened any suggestions?
    Stuff 4 sale 2nd gen dsm turbo manifold, ebay type s blowoff valve, 93 ex pt6 ecu, f22a6 camshaft, f22a6 intake manifold, obd1 p13 ecu

is your distributor cap down tight? because that might have be letting moisture in and that'll interfere with it's functions.

Comment

yeah, I noticed something similar to that as well. Not anything too big but a slight power loss was noticed. maybe humidity and lack of air suction?
      91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

not sure if this would make things worse but what happens if we decide to put a little, a thin layer, of rtv sealant/silicone around the base of the cap and then tighten it down. maybe that would help seal out some of the moisture?

Comment

even though your wires are new, it doesn't mean that they're not perfect. its likely that your wires are bad. when its raining at night, open your hood while its running and see if you get and 'arching' between the spark plug wires or anywhere ignition related. revving the car a bit would also aggrivate the problem.
          '93 EX-R 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
            is your distributor cap down tight? because that might have be letting moisture in and that'll interfere with it's functions.
            Yea I checked and nothing its dry when I installed the cap I put a new gasket too
            Stuff 4 sale 2nd gen dsm turbo manifold, ebay type s blowoff valve, 93 ex pt6 ecu, f22a6 camshaft, f22a6 intake manifold, obd1 p13 ecu

Comment

I know its going away from the engine completely but how are your tires? If they're bad maybe you just feel that you have no power and they're just slipping.
              1993 Accord EX
              2011 Subaru STi

Comment

condensation/moisture + distributer =
                98' Mustang 3V Swap
                11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
                  I know its going away from the engine completely but how are your tires? If they're bad maybe you just feel that you have no power and they're just slipping.

my tires are in great condition almost new.... i know its not the tires tho i know how that feels....its real weird tho

Comment

Working...
                  X