Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Does this only happen to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this only happen to me

Every goddamn time i go to repair one thing something else break WTF. So what happened is really irronic check this, about a mth ago i was installing a shitload of parts just getting my "Liv" up to par for the winter so i had to replace my brake M/C no prob started undoing the bolts "SNAP" broke one, so now a new B.Booster is necessary cuz the bolt that can bolt down w/o da stud. Obtained a new booster (FREE) an decided tonite i will replace it along with the B M/C i never got to install an service my C M/C which i noticed was really dirty from on the inside connected to the pedal. Now here were it goes down to get the booster out i had to remove that little valve thing i believe is the IAC it held with 2 10mm bolts. For some reason 1 of the f'ing bolts snap, i finish up installing everything including the IAC w/o 1 bolt an fire her up to hear that annoying vacuum leaking idle ughhhh soooo mad.
    So now i stuck with the delema of replace my TB with one i have in my trunk or to just tap an die???
    Sucks huh how i go to fix one fuck up w/ another so irronic i h8 rusty puny bolts
    But on the plus side my brakes work great now no sinking when i really need to stop which sucked cuz u cud never go really fast w.o being sure the brake dont sink, havent bled the C yet ran out of fluid while i was @ it i use a wire wheel an my dremel an cleaned those suckers up so shiny now anyways that was my nite 4 hrs of irrony!!
    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Originally posted by GearBangnAccord View Post
    Every goddamn time i go to repair one thing something else break WTF. So what happened is really irronic check this, about a mth ago i was installing a shitload of parts just getting my "Liv" up to par for the winter so i had to replace my brake M/C no prob started undoing the bolts "SNAP" broke one, so now a new B.Booster is necessary cuz the bolt that can bolt down w/o da stud. Obtained a new booster (FREE) an decided tonite i will replace it along with the B M/C i never got to install an service my C M/C which i noticed was really dirty from on the inside connected to the pedal. Now here were it goes down to get the booster out i had to remove that little valve thing i believe is the IAC it held with 2 10mm bolts. For some reason 1 of the f'ing bolts snap, i finish up installing everything including the IAC w/o 1 bolt an fire her up to hear that annoying vacuum leaking idle ughhhh soooo mad.
    So now i stuck with the delema of replace my TB with one i have in my trunk or to just tap an die???
    Sucks huh how i go to fix one fuck up w/ another so irronic i h8 rusty puny bolts
    But on the plus side my brakes work great now no sinking when i really need to stop which sucked cuz u cud never go really fast w.o being sure the brake dont sink, havent bled the C yet ran out of fluid while i was @ it i use a wire wheel an my dremel an cleaned those suckers up so shiny now anyways that was my nite 4 hrs of irrony!!
    happens to linearly everyone
    put my header and DP on and i have to cut and weld
    fix my exhaust leak, make a bigger one
    fix that, break 2 studs
    put my lip on, try to cut my thumb off
    lol
    shit happens
    thats the fun of working on a car

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
      happens to linearly everyone
      put my header and DP on and i have to cut and weld
      fix my exhaust leak, make a bigger one
      fix that, break 2 studs
      put my lip on, try to cut my thumb off
      lol
      shit happens
      thats the fun of working on a car
      ur funny lol i lose skin not limbs an such a thumb bcareful man
      Eh u never answered my ? shud i drill it out an retap or replace TB which includes new gaskets money of which i rather spend otherwise
      Last edited by GearBangnAccord; 09-09-2008, 02:16 AM.

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Originally posted by GearBangnAccord View Post
        ur funny lol i lose skin not limbs an such a thumb bcareful man
        Eh u never answered my ? shud i drill it out an retap or replace TB which includes new gaskets money of which i rather spend otherwise
        either way has its pros and cons

you drill and re-tap
        it might not last long or more stuff could get effed up
        then you will be in the same position your in now
        but it will be less money!

or you could just buy an h23 upper plen
        and a gasket
        and bolt it up?

your call

Comment

H23 plenum comes off wut yr lude wonder if i can find one @ the JY this week

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Get a can a PB blaster and spray bolts and nuts before removing. When removing if you feel it get stiff then tighten a few threads, respray and move back and forth to work into the threads. Less likely to break shit that way. If your confidnent with drilling and tapping, or installing helicoils, remove the throttle body and do it. But if you go with the h23 plenum and tb swap it will be fixed with a nice little boost in power. You can get a complete h23 intake for about $40. Look around, I just bought my h23 intake on fleabay for $20.

Good luck, and go get some PB blaster.

Also, if decide to extract your iac bolt and the threads look decent you could put some Permatex #2 on the threads of the new bolt to ensure it doesnt leak.
            "Brought to you by Carls Jr."

Comment

Sigh, maintenance>mods. Atleast your doing stuff that actualy is good for your car now. As for the dilema, just use the one in your trunk and buy a new 1$ gasket for the tb if the one that was on it is cracked.

Comment

i know the feeling. I went from a timing belt change, to having to get a new alternator. Pretty nice eh.
                90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Ive had several stories like this myself. One time The 02 sensor for a Lancer Evo was too close to the heat shield and melted, and kept blowing the fuses, we had to relocated the damn thing about 5 times before we got it to a place where it would not melt the factory 02 sensor. Now I know why I never wanna own a mitsu again

Comment

Working...
                  X