Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay ECU chip? Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay ECU chip? Fake?

Just stumbled across this listing. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=370079349139

I read some of this guys feedbacks and people seem to really notice the difference. Do you think this really works? Probably just makes the mixture a little richer or something right?

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

not worth it, it just leans out the fuel with no real tune. better off saving the money and getting a chipped p06 to tune with later on down the road

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Yeah ive read the same thing. Those fleabay chips just lean it out, not good. Chipped p06 seems the way to go.
      "Brought to you by Carls Jr."

Comment

There isn't much you can do to the stock Accord or Prelude ECUs. Anyone that says different is an idiot or a scam artist.

Generic chips are NEVER a good idea. A custom tune should be for YOUR motor, and not anyone else's.

Comment

x2 with the "don't get it" crowd.

Check the classifieds and such. I have a chipped P06 shipping out to me that I got for $45. If you buy a non-chipped ECU and have any skill with a soldering iron, you can do the mods yourself.

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
          Probably just makes the mixture a little richer or something right?
          Richer mixture == less power. Leaner == more power.

Too rich == smoke from exhaust, safe for motor
          Too lean == detonation, blown motor

(basic rules, there is a lot more to it)
          Last edited by Ghostyman; 09-08-2008, 04:38 PM. Reason: House Of Pain is in full effect and anyone who steps up is gettin' wrecked.
          - Ghosty
          WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
          FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

Wow this thread is a total Deja Vu for me. wtf!

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostyman View Post
              x2 with the "don't get it" crowd.

Check the classifieds and such. I have a chipped P06 shipping out to me that I got for $45. If you buy a non-chipped ECU and have any skill with a soldering iron, you can do the mods yourself.

Richer mixture == less power. Leaner == more power.

Too rich == smoke from exhaust, safe for motor
              Too lean == detonation, blown motor

(basic rules, there is a lot more to it)

Rich is safer, usually... as it suppresses detonation. However, too rich can seriously gunk up your motor. Running extremely rich for any extended period of time can introduce a whole host of major issues!

Rich is safer than lean in most cases, for sure... but should never be seen as a long-term "safe" condition.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                Rich is safer, usually... as it suppresses detonation. However, too rich can seriously gunk up your motor. Running extremely rich for any extended period of time can introduce a whole host of major issues!

Rich is safer than lean in most cases, for sure... but should never be seen as a long-term "safe" condition.
                i think that sums it up...

ebay chips = bad !!

just deal with what you have and save up money for a chipped ecu and then get a tune !! best way possible.. trust me it makes a very big difference even if you are not modded in any way !

Originally posted by Devergote
                A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Eh, not really true (I know you tune, Jacob... but there's not much to be had from a tune on a car with minimal mods...) The best you'll get from a street tune on a lightly modified car is a few extra MPG... which is pretty nice, I must say

Comment

go to the junk yark and get a po6 then to pgmfi.org and reasearch on chipping and get a parts list(i paid 20 bucks for everything at radio shack for it all but a blank eprom ) then get some balls and chip it yourself then take the money that you saved chipping the ecu yourself and add 100 bucks to it then drive to a tune shop and be happy when you leave these f series motors are shocking me at just what a good tune can do for them

Comment

What is that PO6 out of? why so special?

94 ex 4dr on a diet.

Comment

*sigh* Does no one use Google anymore?

The P06 comes from a 92-95 Civic LX/DX. Accord and Prelude ECUs cannot be "chipped" and tuned, so we have to use Civic and Integra ECUs. The P06 is the cheapest, most common ECU that we can use, and it's perfect for the F22A. The others, such as the P28 and P72, are used on VTEC motors like the H22A.

Comment

Thank you all for the input. I was not going to get that I was just wondering if it really does anything.

Originally posted by FNEG View Post
                          go to the junk yark and get a po6 then to pgmfi.org and reasearch
                          That website has been down for at least 6 months

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                          Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                          My member's ride

Comment

thats funny, my friend was haven truble with his 92 civic he thougnt it was the ecu, i took it and plugged it in my car and started it, he was like WTF?! i was like "its not the ecu, try again" hmmm. what about ecus for f22b1?

94 ex 4dr on a diet.

Comment

Originally posted by autowrecker17 View Post
                              thats funny, my friend was haven truble with his 92 civic he thougnt it was the ecu, i took it and plugged it in my car and started it, he was like WTF?! i was like "its not the ecu, try again" hmmm. what about ecus for f22b1?
                              I don't know what the F22B1 ECU is. Like other Accord ECUs, it's not able to be modified. If you want VTEC ability on a modified ECU, the P28 would be used. The P06 can be converted into a P28, but that's well beyond the scope of this thread.

Running a CB7 on a stock Civic ECU is a bad idea. DO NOT EVER USE A STOCK CIVIC/INTEGRA ECU IN YOUR CB7! Yes, it may not kill it to idle... but drive it like that, and you're likely to see some damage. If you've tried it, and haven't done any damage... you're lucky. You're not proving me wrong.

Additionally, the F22B1 is a garbage motor. It's a downgrade from the F22A.

As for pgmfi.org... the forums are still working fine. http://forum.pgmfi.org/

The owner had some legal issues with Hondata, and it caused some MAJOR problems for the site.

Comment

Working...
                              X