Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Shaking steering wheel!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaking steering wheel!!!!

When i hit the brakes after 60 mph my steering wheel and the whole front of the car start shaking, and ifi go faster than 60 i almost loose the control of my car. Wat the H***L is happening to my car. my tires are new, balanced, alignment, and everything. Some body can help me please.
    Ahh other thing my 1st and 2nd gear are to shorts(when i get in a red light, turn green i don't even cros the street and i have to trow 2nd gear) and my 3rd are so long that i can hit almost 90 mph. Thats is normal, its a good thing o a bad thing??

Thanxs.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=131830 <<<< Click It

Your front rotors are probably warped. Get new rotors and pads. Mine started doing the same thing, got new rotors and pads sitting on my work bench right now.
    "Brought to you by Carls Jr."

Comment

brake rotors are warped when you hit the brakes, thats why it shudders. Either get new rotors or have them machine them.

And as for the acceleration, over 60mph, its most likely your CV joints going bad. But it also COULD be wheel balance depending on how bad the "shake" is at that speed. So I'd check that first before you go buy new axles. Have them check to see if the tires are good too. Look for any tread separations or bubbles in the tire while they're being balanced.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I have the same thing as well. However mine is CV joint because I can hear them popping when I brake , turn and accelerate.

Worst case scenario is the steering rack which I highly doubt in your case.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Take out your rotors and put brand new ones on it ! there are lots of them on ebay ! That's probably will take away the shakin'on brakin

Barrabas !!!

Short ram intake, rasonator, muffler change and 4-2-1 exaust for $25 from the Junky, arospeed coilover springs and ex-jarhead gold 15th Anniversary rims. More mods to come soon !

Comment

Thanxs everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Juaco View Post
              Thanxs everyone.
              by the way... beautifull cb! I love the two doors. Just like mine !

Barrabas !!!

Short ram intake, rasonator, muffler change and 4-2-1 exaust for $25 from the Junky, arospeed coilover springs and ex-jarhead gold 15th Anniversary rims. More mods to come soon !

Comment

Your gears are too short? What transmission are you running? What RPM do you shift at? Gearing doesn't just change on you...

Comment

Rpm

I change about 2,500 or 3,000 normal but racing 6,500. i dont know wat trainy i have, where i chek that????

Comment

The f22's gears are pretty long. Automatic, or 5 speed. Not sure what you mean by.."By the end of the intersection, I'm already shifting into 2nd". I'm pretty sure that's normal.

As for the shaking, my car shakes from 50-55mph. Usually when it does that, I rotate the tires. After viewing the tires, they're wearing wierdly. People are telling me it's the ball joints. But, I also noticed today....when I hit a bump, it's as if I have no suspension on my front driver side. Struts are pretty new, aren't busted. Shit sucks. So many things would be the reason. It's like tryna figure out why gas mileage is bad. Gotta go through 560 different things.
                    98' Mustang 3V Swap
                    11' VW CC R36

Comment

Mine is a 5 speed. I use to have a f22a1 but i blowed out. and now i have the a4. wat i meant is i start on a green ligth and i have to change gears before i get to the cros walk line in the other side. but my 3rd gear its so long that i can make almost 90 with the gas pedal half way.
                      But anyway i liked like that. Thanx Everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X