Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ebay brake rotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay brake rotors?

My front brake rotors are wasted, warped and shakes. Im going to change the rotors and pads. I was looking on ebay and saw some really good prices on sets of 4 slotted and drilled rotors. Anybody ever use these? Are they safe, or junk?
    Last edited by totaldoughnut; 09-24-2008, 02:47 AM. Reason: Post has advanced to far more than ebay rotors
    "Brought to you by Carls Jr."

Originally posted by totaldoughnut View Post
    My front brake rotors are wasted, warped and shakes. Im going to change the rotors and pads. I was looking on ebay and saw some really good prices on sets of 4 slotted and drilled rotors. Anybody ever use these? Are they safe, or junk?
    From what i have been told, steer clear of those. Hawk HPS pads with a brembo slotted is what most members upgrade to, or even the machined brembo flat face. I have some knockoff Inroble Rotor brake rotors in front with some PBR Racing semi metallic pads. Rotors costed me 140 bucks, pads were around 52ish. You can always stick with stock... its not like its bad or anything.. .:P
    90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
    2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Brembo Blanks and Hawk semi-metalic brake pads. Drilled and slotted rotors can crack.
      One Day At A Time
      "Honda Connaisseur"
      1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
      1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
      1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
      1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
      1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
      1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
      Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
      Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

I was always told stay alway from that stuff and i always tell myself you get what you pay for so if you buy cheap you get cheap product but thats just me.

Comment

Brembos would be nice but right now id rather spend that kind a cash on other upgrades. Ill just cruise over to autozone and pick up some stock pads and rotors.

Comment

Nothing beats Brembo blanks mated with a good set of pads.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Whats a fair price for the Brembos?

Comment

besides brake parts are not exactly one of those parts you shouldnt really get cheap on and when the brakes fail accords are not very fun to try to stop my accord did that right before i sold it was a helluva ride gettin it stopped
                needing a new project got rid of bagged S10 going back to Honda's

Comment

Originally posted by totaldoughnut View Post
                  Whats a fair price for the Brembos?
                  I got mine for $70 shipped which was very reasonable.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

tire rack sells them for $38 each so $76 for a front pair + shipping.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...ar=&perfCode=P

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

Comment

I've never seen ebay brand rotors before. When did Ebay start making parts?

I got my slotted and drilled Brembos on ebay. I'm pretty sure ebay didn't make or modify them, though.

Comment

Response:

Wow...

$150 shipped for all 4 discs, crossed drilled.

compared to:

$220 shipped for all 4 discs from Tire Rack, Brembo blanks.

...and yes... I've read all the articles about blanks being the best but these just look nicer and its not a bad trade off for better appearance.

Also, getting the calipers powder coated helps alot too.

I'm definately doing the conversion of H.O.R. to R.O.H....all thats needed pretty much are what...98-99 Acura CL hubs from the dealer or after market and calipers.

I mean.. the hubs pretty much off ANYWAY when you do a brake job...lol

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Brake-rotors-91-9...742.m153.l1262

Last edited by Taurians' Ryde; 09-09-2008, 01:44 PM.

Comment

well iave bought drill/slot rotors from ebay for my prelude and there pretty decent not bad there still holding up and brakeing is a big diff. stops super quick its worth it if your low on cash and dont really need that cool name brand just shop around or the best sellers i bought my from 88rotors there pretty good fast shipping too got it in about 5 bus. days

86 supra NA (sold)
                          91 Supra turbo (drifter)
                          99 prelude SH (only when i wanna hit V-attack)
                          91 accord (turbo soon dead) "crashed"
                          97 civic hatch GSR-T (my babys mama ride) (stolen)

Comment

Originally posted by STL_92_Accord View Post
                            Brembo Blanks and Hawk semi-metalic brake pads. Drilled and slotted rotors can crack.
                            A really good thread on drilled/slotted rotors. Guys in posts 5 & 7 give a good run down on the ups and downs on them.
                            2000 Acura TL-P - Daily
                            1993 Honda Accord SE - Sold
                            1996 Infiniti J30 - Sold
                            1997 Honda Civic EX - Sold
                            1996 Saturn SL2 - Totalled
                            1982 Mercedes-Benz 300SD - Sold
                            1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D - Totalled

Comment

I just went to autozone and bought some front rotors, $26 each. Theyll be fine for now, id rather dump big money into other mods at this time.

Comment

Working...
                              X